raven4ns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
Which software do many of you use to photopaint with? I am in the process of trying to decide just that question. Photoshop is simply too expensive as this is a hobby and I can't justify the cost of PS. However there must be many other software packages that would allow me to photopaint some images for my own satisfaction. Do many of you use painting software or filters like Topaz? Thank you for any and all suggestions as they will be most appreciated.

Tim

What is 'photopaint'?

It is taking an image that you shot and by using software or special filters like Topaz and turn it into a digital painting.

Tim

GIMP, for one. Here's one call Oilify:

Pelican4Oil.jpg

Yeah, I know. The die-hard PS crowd won't accept it. But GIMP has scores of plug-ins. The haters hate 'cuz GIMP is free.

GIMP is great for it's price, and there are free plug-ins for it too.

Adobe makes a $70 consumer grade version of Photoshop - Adobe Photoshop Elements 12

The professional grade of Photoshop - Photoshop CC - is only available by subscription.
Adobe has a Photoshop Photography Program that for a limited time is $9.99 a month. The Photoshop Photography Program includes the professional grade Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5. https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom?promoid=KKVFE

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Me too GIMP!

$bevo.jpg

I looked at Gimp but my computer skills are nonexistent. It's a good day when I push the big shiny black button and the computer comes on...lol. Years ago I used PS3 because my son had it but the learning curve was steep. It seemed I had to re-learn it whenever I was away from it for a bit.
Essentially, all I want to do is to put a selenium tone on B&W and be able to adjust it to the tone I want for the image. In addition, I want to turn some of my images into paintings either through filters or software. While I'm not a painter nor have the skill to become one, using a software program that will turn an image into a painting is something I would enjoy doing. Thank you for your ideas and suggestions, I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Tim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back