Solarization

In the digital world, solarization is generally included with software filter and photo effects plug-ins to Photoshop and other editors. They have developed an algorithm which mimics the process and how it changes with the time of the exposure.

skieur

True, Thanks!

I have a quick question. I'm not sure, but I think I've seen this effect in cinematography, mostly in horror flicks, and for drama effect. Is this possible, or am I just confusing this effect for another, not related to still photography?

J.:mrgreen:

I have a quick question. I'm not sure, but I think I've seen this effect in cinematography, mostly in horror flicks, and for drama effect. Is this possible, or am I just confusing this effect for another, not related to still photography?

Alfred Hitchcock was a perfectionist and master of lighting techniques so any of his work or that of those who followed his style would have used lighting rather than solarization techniques for their effects.

skieur

Alfred Hitchcock was a perfectionist and master of lighting techniques so any of his work or that of those who followed his style would have used lighting rather than solarization techniques for their effects.

skieur

I agree with you about Hitchcock, but I'm thinking more recently I'm seeing an "effect" other than masterful lighting. However, I may totally have my head in my rear, and not have a clue about what I'm talking about:lol:

J.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back