Soldier statue

Je-C

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
je-c.smugmug.com
NOTE: Due to uncontrollable piece of crap internet sites, I have tried ONE more time to show this photo. I hope this works!!! If not, ThePhotoForumn.com is now my new spectator sport with no participation except comments.
I need suggestions onto where and if I should crop, and any other suggestions people have for editting. Please, any and all suggestions and comments!
As this photo was years ago, I think the white blob is part of a bag's strap he had, not sure. Hopefully it makes sense, but I messed with the shadows and highlights in PS. I've always loved how the clouds gave me the perfect shot and I never realized it until I was in class developing. The clouds couldn't have been more perfect to surround this soldier!

http://je-c.fateback.com/index.html
EDITTED: Try that link and photo

What the F! I see it fine on both the post as well as the link, so what'm I doing wrong? I'll try ONE more thing, and if it doesn't work, then I'm just going to turn this forum into my own spectator sport!! :evil:

Read the thread at the top of the gallery section here, first, on exactly how to upload photos. Then get an account with photobucket.com. It's very easy.

Oh, and I can see the pic, but it would help if you sized it down a bit. I have to scroll up and down AND sideways to see it all!

No need to become a spectator only, Je-C, I can see your photo, and apparently you also sized it down in the meantime, for I could see it well without scrolling at all (and yes, keep in mind that MANY people still run on 800x600 resolution!).

The cloud formation around the statue is just perfect. You had no doing in THAT, all you had to realise was that it was that perfect and find the right angle. Which you did. :thumbsup:

The statue is very much in the centre of your photo. When I started to wonder why I was increasingly finding my photography boring, I realised that it is because I put all that was in MY centre of interest also into the centre of the photo.

This photo offers room to kind of "push the soldier a bit to the left". There's enough building (black block, not nice) there that can be cropped.

You can also crop just about as much sky as is possible without touching that "hole in the sky". I would not change ANYTHING about that hole. It is ever so perfect.

The antenna, or whatever else is there on the roof of the building in the background, would need to be cloned out. I haven't got a CLUE at how this is done, but everyone here always talks about cloning... so there must be a way.

So I would say: if you crop the top to the tip of the hole, the left to where there's the first corner in the roof, and the bottom to where there's the first "corner in the wall", it could be better. Try it out and let us see, will you?

Most reactions

Back