Soli-tree

You have good sky detail, but it's blown. The b/w conversion seems a bit draab

Do you have a color version for me to play with?

I would keep it as a color image. When you give it the monochrome treatment the leaves on the tree blend into the mountain background a little too much.

Composition: I would have angled/cropped it so the subject tree is the only tree visible. Even painting out the smaller ones in the background.

I for one really like the sepia one. The blown out sky adds to it, imho. It's hard to put it into words. I like the feeling of it.

I would keep it as a color image. When you give it the monochrome treatment the leaves on the tree blend into the mountain background a little too much.

Composition: I would have angled/cropped it so the subject tree is the only tree visible. Even painting out the smaller ones in the background.

Thank you for your fine suggestions :D

I like it, but i think I would have cropped down from the top closer to the tree. The sky doesn't really add anything, since it is basically just white. Or perhaps you could recover some of the cloud details, up the blacks and give the sky some weight. Either one would improve the picture, I think. But it's a good picture as is, too. It does have a nice mood.

Most reactions

Back