Solider from Iraq

cyphertext69

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Ron Spalding and I am currently stationed in Iraq. I am looking to buy a nice D-SLR camera, specifically the Canon Digital Rebel. I have a few reasons why I want this camera and I have come to this forum for research and aid on this camera. Since I am a soldier, everyone knows that money is hard to come by, therefore I like to research items before I make a "large" investment such as this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forum, Ron!

We have quite a few digital rebel owners running around the forum and they all seem to be very happy with their cameras. I'm sure they'd all be happy to give you more specific info and answer any questions you my have.

Stay safe over there!

hi and welcome to the forums...

please post a question in the general Q and A or Advice forums so you can get the most responses!!! thanks for stopping by!!!

stay safe!

md

Welcome to the forum, Ron! :D You should get lots of good information here. Stay safe! :thumbup:

Welcome in!

I'm sure you can get the help you in here, its a great place.

Any chance you will have the camera and post shots from Iraq?

God Bless.

Picksure said:
Welcome in!

I'm sure you can get the help you in here, its a great place.

Any chance you will have the camera and post shots from Iraq?

God Bless.

I am working really hard on getting the camera. I still haven't found one for the right price. I found one, it was just a little too much though. As soon as I get the camera, I will be posting shots, unfortunatly, I won't be able to post them with great resolution. I will post some as soon as I get my camera though.

Thank you everyone for welcoming me here. I am still an newbie with the photo thing. My girlfriends dad has a degree in photography and I am sure when I actually get to spend more time with him, he will show me how to use it properly. For now, it's using techniques learned from the the wonderful world wide web!

I got my digital rebel at newegg.com...$899.50 at the time, but it changes, so keep an eye on it to get the best price. I see now it says it's $915.95.

Welcome to the forum! :)

core_17 said:
I got my digital rebel at newegg.com...$899.50 at the time, but it changes, so keep an eye on it to get the best price. I see now it says it's $915.95.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I know this is the wrong forum to post this but I did post it in the equipment advice forum. I have found a website that has this camera for fairly cheap. I am just waiting approval of those who already have this camera.

http://www.royalcamera.com/caneos30kitd.html

Welcome aboard! :)

cyphertext69 said:
I know this is the wrong forum to post this but I did post it in the equipment advice forum. I have found a website that has this camera for fairly cheap. I am just waiting approval of those who already have this camera.

http://www.royalcamera.com/caneos30kitd.html

Hello Ron,

First of all, a heartfelt welcome to the TPF.

Secondly, stay away from Royal Camera at any costs! It's a bad place to do business with. Have you checked Costco and Sam's Club?

Above all, stay safe!

Welcome to TPF!!! My cousin was just packed up and shipped to Iraq. National Guard troop from MS. Be safe bro!!!

Yep Walmart is seeling the things now. And yes avoid royal camera...B&H photo and Adorama are safe places to get them too. I got mine at B&H a while back. I love it.

thanks everyone for the welcomes.

I will stay away from Royal Cam. I have been looking into other places that have realistic prices. As someone already told me from this forum, if its too good to be true, it probably is. I will continue to lurk around the forum and find out as much as I can.

Again, thank you everyone for the warm welcome, Ron

Most reactions

Back