Some advice on wound makeup

William Petruzzo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.petruzzo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know, it's probably a bit off-topic, but where else to look for advice but from fellow photographers?

I'm working on a personal project. It's the first time I've had any need for any kind of injury makeup. For a number of the images I'm going to need to depict a wound which is bleeding, but where the center is completely blacked out. I'm really not satisfied with the photoshop-only results. So I'd like to couple them with some makeup effects.

I have a lot of stage-blood to work with. I was thinking that I could use some kind of a black makeup base to help out the photoshop process and keep things more natural looking. Trouble is, I'm not too sure what kind of product to use or even really how to find it.

Anyone with some photographic makeup experience have any advice?

Ditto. Ask some MUA's for advice (though I hear the MUA's on the forums at MM are a little...bitchy). That or find an MUA. Here in Vancouver they're a dime a dozen. >.>

I'd give Chiller a PM.

Otherwise, find a Halloween store locally (I don't mean your Dime Store variety). The should be stocked up this time of year. Ask for their assistance.

Most reactions

Back