Some animal/nature pics i need critque please!!

mortallis288

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
poolsmill1ko0.jpg

I kinda like the compostion on this one its at Poole's Mill Park in GA

poolsmill2mg8.jpg

I like this one because of the diamond view out.

weatherrockgt5.jpg

I think this one has good compostion and i like the view of the weather rock

rockywithbowlcb7.jpg

I think the dog is a little bit blurry but i really liked the bowl next to him (i unno why)

rockyheadoh8.jpg

I like the compostion in this one

rockycloseupvf2.jpg

I like the compostion in this one too :p

Our teacher tells us to always crique our selves too is the only reason i did that :p. Give me what yall think! thanks!

if you do not like them please tell me you do not like them :) i need input

Im NO professional but,,,,

In each of your photos I am not understand what your focus is... It seems like you just took some snapped shots and didnt care what was in focus or out of focus.. Then you decided to look at the photos after and say what you liked and didnt like. When taking your photos usually you KNOW what you want to to take a photo of.. There for your Subject is in forcus. The last two are not in focus and the first one I Like, but I cant tell whats your subject is suppose to be.. I liek the framing of the diamond, but I like the landscaping on the other side.

For the rocks.. IF your going to focus on the rock *Gravel on the ground* Then maybe leave out the BIG rock and focus on only the rocks. The big rock is just distracting and I try to look at that instead because of its size. IF you were focusing on the larger rock then it should be in focus instead of the rock ont he ground.

I hope that all made sense...

I agree with Holly, I don't see the point of several of these pictures.

Sometimes there is a reason for very, very slow going threads.
The reason might lie in the fact that the initial poster already states how much he likes his own photos and compositions and angles and ideas, not giving anyone else any room to say anything any more.
And if the poster posts technically quite unsound photos ... well, what can we say?
All we could say would hurt said poster's feelings, since he is so happy with his pics...

I think you need to work on some simple textbook shots. Nothing tricky or elaborate- very, very simple things. You need to be able to find the shots. You're close to some I can tell, but you seem to be walking by them. For instance, the bridge and the pond. I bet there were countless shots in there, if you had just looked for the easy stuff instead of...

I love my dog too.

I don't want to hurt you but I think that someday in future you may use some of my tips and critiques on your photos, ok?

so about photo number 2: the fence or whatever it is, is too big for this photo. there is almost nothing else visible exept of this "diamond" part and the fence. you should decide what is the topic of your photo: fence? or maybe something that is behind the fence? if you could get closer to get rid of all the fence, leaving only a "frame" around a photo - it might look way better!

3. is completely blurry - it is a picture that I wouldn't keep in my archives. nothing is in focus there and this eliminates this certain shot.

4: hmm again - blurred subject - it is not an artsy effect but just a snap. again -> trash for me. Next time maybe you should try using a flash? this way more light gets to your camera and it helps you to "freeze" an action. dogs are cute, ok, but they are very difficult to photograph especially in the evenings because they are in move all the time. and capturing move without previous experience is a tough job!

5: I like the compoition here! Very good one! but again - it is blurry. in such dog portrait you should try focusing on her/his eye. not a fur somewhere between eye and nose.

6:. the composition isn't good for me. I know that this is a dog but for some it may look as furry creature! Cut off nose, cut off ears... and again - focus...

Number 5 is the best of all, IMO.

Please remember that this is my personal critique, I am not a pro but I think that such things I know already and I can comment here. I hope someday you will appreciate this and use my advice in your future photography :)

because I'm lazy I'm just going to say that I pretty much agree 100% with what everyone else has said. I will also reafirm what mentos said about #5 being the best shot here...

Thanks :) i no they need improvement, so whatever i can do to improve much thanks to you

Most reactions

Back