Some Autocross Pics (C&C please)

Forty Six and 2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally got my hands on a Nikon D80 for my 30th birthday a month ago so i went out to try some panning shots. It's my first time using a manual camera so i would like some constructive criticism to enhance my skills. Shot these in RAW and made some color adjustments in PS CS2.

1) Didn't notice i shot this car on 3 wheels till weeks later. Lucky shot i guess. Lotsa jaggy edges on this one but i don't understand why.
1087076694_1f5b210894_o.jpg

2)
1085776113_f21b43b8c9_b.jpg

3)
1085773173_05a0a9c36b_b.jpg

Sweet Mini. I really would like to get into AutoX with mine.

The cars look a bit soft IMO, esp. the first one.

I did 2 auto x shoots so far and I think I did well as did you. I seen that for most of my good panning shot came at 1/60 sutter while trying to use as small a ap as possible. I was using my new mono pod to help me also. Check my gallery for some auto x pic and I have the camera settings set to show.

Thank you for the comments guys. Most of my shots did come out soft, i had the camera on auto-focus so I'm not sure how to improve on that. Would exif data help with determining what i may be doing wrong? Unfortunately my next local autocross is not till late September so I'll have to wait for some more practice.

Heck i like your pics, especially the blue 3rd gen RX7.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back