Some B&W with Nikon L830

stanger1944

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My 2010 Mustang GT, I am a beginner and this is my first Digital camera what do you think

Attachments

• DSCN0033.JPG
    DSCN0033.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 210
A few more pics. I would like opinions. Please and thank you.

Attachments

• DSCN0016.JPG
    DSCN0016.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 182
  • DSCN0048.JPG
    DSCN0048.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 211
  • DSCN0012.JPG
    DSCN0012.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 186
  • DSCN0069.JPG
    DSCN0069.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 190
  • DSCN0015.JPG
    DSCN0015.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 188
I will be honest and hope not to offend or scare you away.

These are shots pretty typical of a new photographer. The camera is doing the work pretty well but there is no real attempt at 'making a picture' that is clear when looking at the shots of a more experienced photographer.

You saw something that was cute or interesting, took a picture and there was not much understanding of how to compose to get the best most interesting shot or how to expose or edit to manage the light well.

But of course, that is the way it has to be. Photography, like painting or playing the piano or writing stories is an art and one has to learn first how to use the tools well and then how to channel one's own creativity into the art.

Don't stop, take more pictures, post them one at a time to get critique and you will improve much more quickly than you can imagine.
Most important of all, look at pictures here, decide whether or not your think they are good and try to figure out why and then read what others say. Understanding what makes a picture good is the most important part of personal development as a photographer.

Best wishes and welcome,

Lew

Lew said it very well. You are off to a start of a journey. Take what Lew has said and apply it, keep these photos as a reminder of where you started on the journey. They will give you something to gauge your progress by.

Enjoy the process and keep on posting.

Ron said what I left out.
I look back at pictures I took when I first started getting 'serious' and I'm just flabbergasted just how terrible my efforts were.
The results from today's digital cameras are so excellent that a new photographer gets an enormous jump start from the technology. All of your pictures are technically fine, now learn about composition, the exposure triangle and you will be able to a mange that machinery you own.

Being a new to this myself I can only give you the following advice;
Choose your favorite shots and post them one at a time if you are looking for critique. Take on board as many of the tips offered, as you can. I have only been on here a couple of months myself and I can already see a huge difference in my images. It's great that people say what they see in your shots. You may not always agree with everything that they say but try their tips anyway, you might even suprise yourself.
Keep up the good work and above all enjoy what you are doing.

No offense that is exactly the reason I posted and asked for honest opinions. Actual tips like The Traveler included are what I am looking for. Thanks.

first car pic, might be better served with the background a little more oof. no biggie. old house thing, you are shooting from light to dark. so your foreground is over exposed. sky pic, dont even know what the deal is with that. But if you like it have at it. little chicks seem a little under exposed. you seem to have a middle grey theme going here too so far with these. . next car pic, actually pretty decent. Again a lot of grey. not necessarily bad, just grey. cow photo with bell, again not bad. seems low dynamic range as part of the bell started to blow out.

you have some decent pics. wondering why they are all bw, and so much grey.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back