Some beers...

Neil S.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot this today just playing around and trying to sharpen my skills.

I was going for the DOF look by the way.

EOS 7D/70-200mm 2.8L IS II

88mm
f/2.8
1/15th sec.
Iso-100
Tripod mounted

IMG_9564.jpg

Edit: Updated pic.

Last edited:
They look like they're in a casket. :D

I think the focus and WB look good.

Ya lol.

Its a blanket on the bed. Was trying to make the focus the beers, and not the background.

I dont have any real type of backgrounds for photography. I am still a noob on that and lighting stuff.

Neil

Pft, stand them on a table or something *with a sheet or something over it* with the wall as your background or the floor *noddle* Get creative with it. Move them around and use a desk lamp. I can talk all I want to cause I don't have a clean wall (no pics, etc) or floor (with 2 kids and invading toys) in my house, lol.

A diffuser, even something as simple as a white sheet placed between the bottles and light source (off-camera lighting, of course) would make those flash points a lot more appealing. They even make them (flash diffusers or mini soft boxes) for camera flashes and can be purchased pretty cheaply on eBay.

Ah, those poor, dead beers, so funereal and depressing...will they be buried or cremated after the service? Did you get to sit in the Family Room, or were you in the General Gallery? It's so,so sad when a beer dies unopened...before it's even been poured. (wipes tear from cheek...)

ROFLcopter!
i thought the same damn thing. taps started playing in my head, and i instinctively took off my hat and sat solemnly.

Where is Kirin and Sapporo? Biiru kudasai!

So I guess the question is... if this is your bed and your blanket.... do you now feel like you sleep in a casket?? :shock:

:biglaugh:

Where is Kirin and Sapporo? Biiru kudasai!

LOL

Ill get a bunch of different Japanese beers and do it again sometime...

Hopefully not so they look like they are going to a Funeral! :lol:

Edit: Japanese beer is really expensive here by the way. They are like 200-300 yen each.

Last edited:
Ah, those poor, dead beers, so funereal and depressing...will they be buried or cremated after the service? Did you get to sit in the Family Room, or were you in the General Gallery? It's so,so sad when a beer dies unopened...before it's even been poured. (wipes tear from cheek...)

Well at least it was good for a laugh!

Ya I suck at setting shots up, and lighting.

This was just overhead fluorescent lighting lol, didnt even use my speedlight...

Does anyone know how I could have the beers well lit, but the background totally dark? Kind of like they are isolated and glowing.

Like for example using the wall as a background, and putting them on a table with a sheet under them as miss TT suggested.

I have this image in my head, but dont know how to set it up. I have a speedlight, and now a diffuser for it by the way.

I just don't know how to get the background dark, unless I did it in post maybe.

Last edited:
Set your flash to HSS with small power.. Then just mess with your exposure?

Most reactions

Back