Some Birds Shots.

Ray22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I'm new in photography less than 2 months into it and this is a few pics I have taken using my D3200 with a 70-300mm lens. Please let me know what you think and how I can improve future pictures.

My own critique is that in some bird shots the background is a bit too bright/white this was due to the bright sun and is hard to compose a bird photo since they dont pose for you for very long :confused:

Attachments

• $DSC_0022.jpg
    $DSC_0022.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 92
  • $DSC_0054.jpg
    $DSC_0054.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 90
  • $DSC_0345.jpg
    $DSC_0345.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 86
  • $DSC_0361.jpg
    $DSC_0361.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 91
Very nice. Birds are difficult to shoot since, as you said, they don't pose very well and most of the time we have to settle for what we can get.

Next time some fill flash will brighten up the birds and allow you to underexpose the background to get rid of some of the harsh light. Additionally since a couple are eating at a feeder you might just use a simple white reflector to reflect some of the sunlight back onto the front of the birds.

Very nice. Birds are difficult to shoot since, as you said, they don't pose very well and most of the time we have to settle for what we can get.

Next time some fill flash will brighten up the birds and allow you to underexpose the background to get rid of some of the harsh light. Additionally since a couple are eating at a feeder you might just use a simple white reflector to reflect some of the sunlight back onto the front of the birds.

Thank you so much for your help. I never tough of this, a lot of times I do struggle with the lighting for the birds, I will try this next time!

Post them when you get them. I love bird shots and you have some there I would love to shoot. In this part of the USA we have nothing that can compare to some of the birds you see every day. Luckily we have none of the lizards either ;)

Excellent shots for a beginner. To get better at shooting birds, read this e-book. Bird photography can be very addicting... you have been warned.;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back