some C&C please!

m_verbruggen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello to you all!

I'm new at TPH and I don't own a SLR yet (still waiting for my delivery!!)

I have traveled a lot (when I was "young" hihi ) but that's where all my money went so I didn't have the money to buy an SLR. I think I started with a medion 2 mp, upgraded to an olympus water/schockproof one, after that one got stolen I got a canon powershot and when that one didn't work that good anymore I changed to a pentax. I have made thousands of pics but always with a point&shoot and always while on the way with a friend who wasn't that patient so the pics weren't always that great, altough I tried my best!

Looking back I don't think I did a bad job but I can kick myself in the *ss for not buying an SLR before my travels!

Anyway I am here on TPF to learn as much as possible so I will post some of my pics here for you guys to leave some c&c, let me know what you think so I can learn more about how to take my photos.

Thank you all for your time of reading this and for you comments!

P3080970 by m_verbruggen, on Flickr

P4061609 by m_verbruggen, on Flickr

fiji by m_verbruggen, on Flickr

Vietnam by m_verbruggen, on Flickr

NZ1 by m_verbruggen, on Flickr

Last edited:
Unfortunately these are all sort of ambiguous without real centers of interest to engage the eye; they are just pictures of what is there.
I think #5 is the best of these with a foreground object, the boat, against a pretty nice background.
By cropping some of the excess and bringing the boat up into a more powerful position, the composition gets tighter.

I suggest doing a search for some guides to composition and reading them.

Best wishes

61593533232860817993zll.jpg

Yeah you're right most of them were just traveling pics of what was just there on the way that's why I'm buying my slr now to learn some more and get some better pics! Thanks for the advise on how to crop, I still have so much to learn and I need to start somewhere right!

Thanks again

Those are some very nice shots considering you didn't actually plan the whole shot. What SLR are you getting?

Thanks! Never really planned any if the photos I took cause I was basically just always on my way with my camera in
My pocket just clicking here and there. I'm getting the Sony a55

Would you mind taking a look at my gallery and telling my how I can improve some of the pics or how I should have taken them?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back