#4 - Red leaves
pilt77.jpg

#5 - Coloured leaf
pilt58.jpg

#6 - Autumn colours
pilt55.jpg

Hoping to hear your comments :)

Love #3 & 5. Great series!

The fifth photo here could have been my attempt at photographing autumn colours, too, only am I just sure my attempt would not have had this success! Seems like you and I, toruonu, like the same sights in nature ... but I can only TRY to capture them. You DO capture them! :thumbsup:

By the way, how did you come about the hedgehog pricks?
Do you have a hedgehog?
Do you help some come through the winter?
We did that in two successive winters, they smell kind of ... erm ... strongly, though! ;)

Corinna: Well the leaf in pic 5 was taken with ordinary telephoto lens :) Canon 300mm f/4L IS USM + Canon 1.4 extender and about 2m away from the leaf :) I had the luck of finding this decent leaf with sun being just behind it which gave it such nice glowing colors.

Regarding hedgehog, no I just stumbled upon one in woods and as I had the MP-E macro lens on, then I decided to try to capture a few shots which you normally don't see :) The hedgehog first rolled up, which gave me the opportunity to take shots of the pricks as I wanted, but later on he became used to me and I was also able to shoot his ear and his eye at huge closeup, but these didn't come out as fun as the pricks so ...

But if there were a hedgehog in the neighborhood, then I'd probably help him through winter as well, but as this one was in the forest, then I didn't bother him for too long :)

By the way I'm just back from taking a huge amount of macros again and I also concentrated on getting textures and colours, maybe I'll share them once I get them processed :) and if there are any worth sharing...

I love the hedgehog one - sort of cappuccino colours. We have a hedgehog who hibernates under a lily in our garden, usually we put a board up on one side to keep the wind off him but otherwise he seems self-sufficient!

My only adverse comment - would it be wiser to use 'prickles' instead of 'pricks'? People could get the wrong idea... ;)

Very nice series, there are a lot of nice shots here, my LEAST favorite are the first and last. The rest are awsome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back