Some comments about the 360

SlySniper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
elvir.bravehost.com
Hello,

Instead of waiting in a tent for 28 hours and getting up the next morning in front of Best Buy, I just went to a Best Buy and played it there.

I was surprised there weren't too many people even wanting to play it.
So, about the system. I gotta admit, it looks very sleek; it looks even better than the pictures of it on the Internet. The game they had in it was Madden 2006.

My first comment is that the controller is not bad. It has a really good and sturdy feel to it. Too bad they had a cable on it so you couldn't run away with it, I wanted to try to play the 360 from the other side of the store. It was a great idea to put that X-Box live button in the middle, it makes everything easier. Although, I don't like the addition of the two extra shoulder buttons, they are kinda of hard to find and to reach. Also, controlling the character was hard sometimes, as it would glitch every 30 minutes or so.

About the graphics. The graphics on the 360 were simply amazing. I didn't think it was true about it looking all that good until I finally played it. The NFL player faces were almost perfect. The players skin looked different in different environments and the sweat look great. But I noticed that sometimes when they were showing the players, some of the environments were really choppy.

The system itself. I didn't get to play online, so, I cant really judge that. There was a problem with the controller. There were two controllers, but it seemed only one would work. I called over one of the Best Buy employees and asked him what's wrong, and he said it happens often and had to restart the 360.

Overall it was really fun. Almost too much fun. I stayed at Best Buy playing the 360 for about 4 hours. Only resting to sooth my backaches.:D

I played it, too, and was no where near as impressed as Sly here...

SlySniper said:
I gotta admit, it looks very sleek; it looks even better than the pictures of it on the Internet.
I thought it looked quite boring, the front is nice, but the side is just like anything else...

SlySniper said:
My first comment is that the controller is not bad. It has a really good and sturdy feel to it.
I agree with you here, it's the best controller since N64...

SlySniper said:
About the graphics. The graphics on the 360 were simply amazing.
Now I have played both Perfect Dark Zero, and Call of Duty 2, and I wasn't impressed at all with the graphics. Call of Duty looked nice, but I couldn't help thinking that the PC version looks better. Perfect Dark looked no better than an original XBOX game.

I'll admit right now that I'm certainly biased towards computers, and I always wil be, but when I read the 360's specs, I was expecting something unbelievable. And it wasn't.

I mean no offense to you Sly, but I'm just not enamored with it.

The problem is with technology ever climbing, there will never ever be a best system or graphics or anything. It's always being improved. A PC is nice because you don't have to buy a whole new console everytime its obsolete (well, sometimes :er: ) but instead can upgrade the hardware. I generally don't play as many games anymore but PC has always been good to me, and probably everyone else :mrgreen:

I heard Xbox's were being sent back from people who bought them saying that the CDs were melting in the disc trays :lmao: They won't get replaced till after Christmas because of the backorder. So what's the point? :er:

I never have liked the Microsoft consoles. I have always been a Playstation/Sony fan. I have had the PS1 and 2, and will have the PS3 later on next year.

But that whole review was unbiased. Although I don't really like sports games, I still played it for a long time. But secretly I was sneaking to the X-Box console and playing Call of Duty 2; which was more fun because I love shooters.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back