Some Country Photos! Comments Please. Also A Valentines Picture!

feRRari4756

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys I want to hear what some professionals think about my work so far.

I have started photography in January.

1)
3285569002_2cdc5f7bde.jpg

2)
3284749001_04277e2a80.jpg

3)
3285568464_49f0a7f48d.jpg

4)
3285568408_1e23436686.jpg

5)
3284748231_78a1380a27.jpg

Thread moved;
The professional galleries are for pros to post their work...not for 'non-pros' to get opinions from the pros.

Looks like you had a nice Valentines dinner! :D

These are nice enough photos, colours are pleasing, focus is where you wanted it to be, all that worked out fine. But composition is still in the "finding-my-way"-stage, I feel. Some pics are too cluttered (too much to look at) to really be grabbing, for which the first COULD be an example, though that still feels most carefully composed of all, and the second sure IS an example for it. Subject is dead centre. Well focused on, yes, I said as much, nicely coloured, but ... the photo simply isn't really compelling with the dark thing right behind it, the blue plastic pulled over something in the background, the back of the old car sticking into your picture, all sizes of windows in the houses and so on. Too much there. And the subject (cock) too centred.

The last is divided into two equal halves by where you placed the horizon, top half sky, bottom half field ... this is not to be recommended! You could have made some use of the tyre tracks on the field as leading lines into your photo, giving the field more room and the (comparatively featureless sky) less...

The geese would have been good, had it not been for all that is on the right of your frame. Had you moved the camera further towards the left, you'd have avoided getting that corner (with tree, plank, rusty iron rod, window, clapboards) into your frame AND the geese would have had more room to run into.

That Valentine's Dinner table looks nicely laid. Well exposed photo. (I detect a dust spot on your sensor here - upper left on the wall, right next to where there is a bit of "light leak" from the window).

Thanks for sharing! Love the country feeling in those photos! Look relax and stress free to me!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back