Some early HDRs

dyyylan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, these are some of my first decent HDR's. I'm studying this technique as part of my "technical research project" for photo class, so I figured I'd see what some people other than my "ooh those are pretty" classmates think :lmao:

I go for a mostly realistic look, with the HDR just making certain things pop out more or make the colors more wild because of the lack of shadows.

1:
4108171256_7abf625bd5_b.jpg

only 2 exposures, mainly just wanted to bring out more of the inside of the building.

2:
4110295660_ce2af77e87_b.jpg

HDR made these colors look wild, even though it was a fairly gray day out.

Suggestions/critiques/heading in the right directionness?

:)

Well since ive gone to this thread at least 5 times i decided it was time to post, in my opinion, the first one is good, but both for me don't do TOO much, again, i prefer the first one.

@ Picture 1
Looks awesome, i like the post processing, and the angle at which you took this, i think composition wise, it was spot on, what im not digging on this is all the distractions on the right and left hand side.

@ picture 2
I dont really see the point of HDR, in my opinion i dont see anything that catches my eye, the colors are cool though, not wow though.

Hope it helps get this thread going :)

Be Careful with hdr, that you don't blow out your highlights in the clouds.. ...like your first image.. You can now go back into photoshop and do some additional work in layers to create a more dramatic effect and fix the blown highlights....

I like the first one a lot, the b&w looks great.

#2 is a little too saturated for my tastes, but some people like that in HDR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back