Some fireworks pictures...

EljayK004

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've gone to a couple of fireworks shows over the last week and thought I'd post a few and a night shot. I'm kind of new at this and would like to hear what everyone thinks.

Mt Clemens, Michigan
672670365_2901fabb4f_b.jpg

Roseville, Michigan
640324240_f3b24d5017_b.jpg

Roseville, Michigan 2
640324364_697ee657fe_b.jpg

Mt. Clemens, Michigan at night (right after the fireworks)
673130534_07ec688928_b.jpg

2nd and last! nice!

Their all gorgeous, I love firework pictures. I haven't gotten the chance to try taking any yet with my new camera.

Thanks for the comments. I didn't think I'd have so much fun shooting fireworks. It was an absolute blast (sorry for the pun). I thought taking the pictures would distract me, but it was the exact opposite. As I was taking the pictures I really noticed every color, every explosion, the wind, etc. ten times more than before. It was a great experience. I recommend it to everyone, just don't forget your tripod.

Thanks again for all the comments,
Johnny K

Heya EljayK, welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D

These are some really good firework pics, and I also like your night photography in general. You seem to know quite a bit already to be choosing a small enough aperture to get starry lights instead of big blobs and all that.

I agree with most on how lovely Photo 2 is, the colours are so intense in that one!

Heya EljayK, welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D

These are some really good firework pics, and I also like your night photography in general. You seem to know quite a bit already to be choosing a small enough aperture to get starry lights instead of big blobs and all that.

I agree with most on how lovely Photo 2 is, the colours are so intense in that one!

Thanks for the welcome, LaFoto. As for the "knowing a lot" part, I'm just trying to absorb as much as I can as quickly as I can. My uncle was a military photographer and he helps me out quite a bit (he keeps telling me, shoot more, and when your done shooting, shoot even more. I think he just wants me to burn the shutter of my camera out:lol:) and I try to read as much as I can about it, so hopefully I can get better. I just try to include a couple of new concepts everytime I go out.

Those are excellent. Like most other I like the second one. I especially like the trail of the rocket blast from the ground.

2nd is great, i almost didn't look at this thread bc most fireworks shot are meh.

i might would crop out the ground though . . . but its cool to have an idea of scale.

I saw your fireworks pictures and hoped you can help me. Because of dry conditions they had a fireworks ban that was lifted yesterday morning...a bit late for the major displays to be set up. So where I had planned to set up is staying cancelled. My husband saw my disappointment and paid for a private display at our house for tonight.

One advantage I have now is to stop the display and change settings! I'll be using 3 cameras: Nikon D80 w/ the 18-135mm lens; Canon 30D w/ 70-300mm lens and an Olympus E-300 w/ 70-200mm lens (using Olympus only because I am curious if the Fireworks setting on it works right). 3 Tripods and cable releases for Nikon & Canon.

I guess I'll be pretty much shooting over head; setting the fireworks off a sea wall w/ a little over 100' of back yard to the sea wall.

Your fireworks are fabulous! May I ask what your setting were so I have a starting place on my camera?

Thank you,
Sherrie

These pics are great. I love them all. The colors are so vivid and bright. It almost feels like you are there. Keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing more.

I love your pictures, they are fantastic. i have to shoot fireworks for the first time on saturday. i have a nikon D80, what settings should i use?

Most reactions

Back