Some flower fields for C&C.

Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which of these three do you like or not like, and why.

$Field of purple kalaniyot - shallow DOF.jpg

$Field of purple kalaniyot to horizon of mountains - panorama.jpg

$Field of purple kalaniyot to horizon of mountains.jpg

The color of those flowers is just beautiful!! Well done :)

For me #1 is best. The flowers and mountains fill up most of the frame. The background in all three isn't that interesting. The interest if the flowers. #1 shows them off best.

#1 for me too.. The shallow DOF and the low angle shot really works for that image. Also the right bottom corner flower adds much to the image that's lacking in the others IMO. #2 is decent too..

Thanks Raj_55555,

Do you feel the white flower in the second photo helps draw the eye in?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

#1 Is my favorite, composition is best IMO. Though work on getting more flowers in focus - as it is now, it draws your eyes to the leaves since they are what is mostly in focus.

#2 Would have been better if the camera was a little higher and angled down as well. Also if the flowers were more dense in the foreground.

#3 Is a little oddly focused in my opinion, kind of "missed the mark".

If you were trying to draw the eye to that flower I would have put more of it in the scene. It's an oddball out of the field and could definitely make a nice focus point but it's so small that it disappears in that shot.

Thanks for the detailed C&C Msteelio91.
I hear your critique on 1 & 2, but what do you mean about missing the mark in 3?

As for the white flower in 2, my goal was not to isolate the white flower, but rather, to use it as an additional way-point to lead toward the horizon. The same way that you see the diagonal line of flowers leading from the bottom left of the frame towards the white flower is used as a line to pull the viewers eye in to the frame.
With that explanation, does that help you view it differently?

Thanks Raj_55555,

Nope! Not for me. I didn't even notice it was there, and I viewed all your images full size.

Hi Raj_55555,

When I took the shot, I specifically lined it up with the white flower. I guess it didn't work as well as I planned. Oh well, such are the plans of mice and men :D

Most reactions

Back