Some free cameras

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lucked out today and got a Rolleiflex and Retina II for free today. Both seem to work however the Retina may have an issue with the shutter release button. I can not press it all the way down to actuate the shutter but if I pull out on the linkage connected to the lens, it fires. Haven't looked into why that is (maybe some lock system I don't know about?) but I'm sure it can be figured out quickly

Good deal, even at twice the price!

The Retina probably has a weak spring somewhere in the shutter linkage. No problem, though, the Rollei should do a great job for you.

Does the Retina need a film present to release the body shutter release?

The Retina probably has a weak spring somewhere in the shutter linkage. No problem, though, the Rollei should do a great job for you.

That's what I have been reading about. I was talking with some people on a rangefinder forum that were trying to help me figure it out. I honestly got side tracked by a different new to me camera and haven't gone back to mess with it again.

Does the Retina need a film present to release the body shutter release?

Not entirely sure but from what Ive been told and reading, it shouldn't. I guess I could always try though

Most reactions

New Topics

Back