Some from a Christmas party CnC

Opher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Mods: if this should be in the "people forum" feel free to move it.

Last edited:
I dont think they are perfect? come on can i get some coments?

is this a kirby salesmen xmas party? haha!
i couldnt decide between one or two

It looks like the white balance is overly yellow, due to slowish shutter speeds picking up ambient light, with that ambient light slightly overriding the flash exposure. I dunno...I prefer a slightly less-yellow final color look, while some people actually prefer the more-yellow look. I will also add that on the photo of the two young ladies, dressed in pretty holiday dresses; I think the camera almost always benefits from a vertical orientation in a situation like that--it shows off the finery of the holiday season. I mean, the Christmas decorations in the upper left hand corner are also indicators of the holiday season, but I would have turned the camera to "tall" and stepped two steps to the right, then included just a hint of the Christmas decorations, and let 'er rip from that camera position, thus showing off the lovely ladies and including just a touch of the decor.

How do you think they look?

uhm !
i'm newbie.
i'm just think, it so good, but simple, right ?

my english not good.

Thank you Derrel that is just the kind of advice i love. I have had some pretty harsh comments on some of my other photos but you are very positive and helpful thank you. :biggrin:

Mind you I am new- But I think they are ok.

I think that one guy with the glass to the eye shot was cute.

#1 is a great shot. Guessing you used a fill/pop-up flash or one with a diffuser. There is no flash glare of any kind, the background is blurred in the right amount and the subject is not only photogenic but making it an interesting picture.

#2 needs to be cropped to where only the person on the left is showing. Other gentleman at the table is out of focus AND has their arm moving. Get them in the shot or don't get them in it.

#3 is good. It is extremely good in that you "blacked" out the background to keep the focus on your two subjects. :)

#1 is a great shot. Guessing you used a fill/pop-up flash or one with a diffuser. There is no flash glare of any kind, the background is blurred in the right amount and the subject is not only photogenic but making it an interesting picture.

Thank you. I defused the flash and bounced it off the ceiling.

mostly sunny i always welcome comments from new people thank you for your comment. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back