Some from Grandview, MB (warning: 6 images)

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some shots taken in Grandview, MB back in July. Grandview is an agricultural town of about 900 located 4 hours northwest of Winnipeg.

Thanks for looking...

Last edited:
Some neat images. 2 and 6 aren't my favorites, but they all have something interesting and/or pleasing about them.

As always, I enjoy your shots.

Sorry if that's not terribly useful critique, but I just wanted to say "woot!"

Nice and interesting series as always.

1. I like this and find the lighting and composition to be rather thought provoking. I'm wondering if its dawn and the bowls are there in preperation for breakfast or if its early evening and the bowls are there waiting to be cleared away after dinner or perhaps dinner was being prepared and something called the family away quickly.

2. I'm not sure about this one. Maybe it would be better if it were cropped just to the left of the window to get rid of that one wire and the tiny bit of tree top above the roof.

3. Love it! Great composition. I like the colors, the ornate doorknob and the old clothes. You might be interested to know my cat liked this one also, she's batting my monitor trying to get the doorknob. :lol:

4. Very nice. I really like all the angles and lines in this one.

5. I like the idea of this one, but I'm not crazy about the color that the curtian casts over the bottles. Now if the curtain had been white or pale blue, I think it would have been a really cool shot.

6. I'm not finding this one very interesting...though it does have me wondering if I'm looking into an old metal cup, or into a pot....

Some neat images. 2 and 6 aren't my favorites, but they all have something interesting and/or pleasing about them.

As always, I enjoy your shots.
Thanks very much, man.

Sorry if that's not terribly useful critique, but I just wanted to say "woot!"
"Woot!" is good! :lol:

Nice and interesting series as always.
Thanks very much, and I appreciate your taking the time to comment on each and every one of these.

1. I like this and find the lighting and composition to be rather thought provoking. I'm wondering if its dawn and the bowls are there in preperation for breakfast or if its early evening and the bowls are there waiting to be cleared away after dinner or perhaps dinner was being prepared and something called the family away quickly.
This is my favourite shot of this lot, negative space and all. I can't explain why, I just like it. There was an air of mystery in that house, and this shot is the one that – in my opinion – reflects that the most.

2. I'm not sure about this one. Maybe it would be better if it were cropped just to the left of the window to get rid of that one wire and the tiny bit of tree top above the roof.
I hadn't even noticed that bit of tree top, thanks for pointing it out. Time to dust the clone tool.

3. Love it! Great composition. I like the colors, the ornate doorknob and the old clothes. You might be interested to know my cat liked this one also, she's batting my monitor trying to get the doorknob. :lol:
Go your cat, go! :lol:

4. Very nice. I really like all the angles and lines in this one.
Thanks. In all honesty, I thought this scene would produce a much better shot, but I tried from many angles and this is the best I could get. I'm not happy, and this place is hours away from here. Oh well...

5. I like the idea of this one, but I'm not crazy about the color that the curtian casts over the bottles. Now if the curtain had been white or pale blue, I think it would have been a really cool shot.
Hadn't even thought of that, it's a good point.

6. I'm not finding this one very interesting...though it does have me wondering if I'm looking into an old metal cup, or into a pot....
Whaaat?? You don't like my photos??? :lol:

Thanks again for your kind feedback, Carol!

Most reactions

Back