Some from Tokyo

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in Tokyo, and took a trip to Akhihibara which is known as electric city because of its many electrical stores. It's paradise for gear - Yodabashi Camera is a huge store with every brand covered - they even had a brand new Carl Zeiss Ikon camera which looked fantastic - I did resist though - although couldn't resist the Carl Zeiss Distagon 35 f/2 ZF.2 Zeiss's new range for the high mp Nikon cameras.

Took the new Zeiss lens out for an early evening stroll in Tokyo, where the weather brightened up the moment I left the camera shop.

This is Hibuya Park and it's clock:

Nikon D800 Carl Zeiss 35 f/2 ZF.2 at f/11 1/50 ISO 100 All handheld.

Tokyo-Hibuya-Park-Clock by singingsnapper, on Flickr

I then took the short stroll to Ginza - a popular shopping area similar to London's Oxford Street or NYC's 5th Avenue:

f/8 1/40 ISO 500

ginza-4 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

f/8 1/30 ISO 640

ginza by singingsnapper, on Flickr

f/8 1/25 ISO 500

ginza-6 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

f/8 1/60 ISO 640 - Desaturated by 80%

ginza-3 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

f/8 1/15 ISO 640

ginza-2 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Another from Tokyo, this time at night close to the Grand Station:

Nikon D800 Nikkor 14 - 24 @ 14mm f/16 20 secs ISO 50 Tripod Mirror L/up

Tokyo-at-night by singingsnapper, on Flickr

I like the first and last photos you posted the best. All of them are really nice though.

Ah, these bring back memories... I used to have to travel to Japan 6 times a year, and loved every second I was there! If you are still there, and you lie street photography, I recommend you go to Shibuya (sp?) at rush hour, or head down to Harajuku on sunday morning to get some REALLY odd portraits. The Rainbow Bridge (you can use the north walkway to get a nice shot of Tokyo Bay and Tokyo Tower) and the Odaiba district (which is where that building with the ball in the middle and all the huge ferris wheels are at) also nice for night photography, in case you want some suggestions... And if you are looking for more tradditional japanese shots, I recommend Kamakura (about an hour away IIRC). There are a couple of places to go there, including a HUGE buda statue. Closer but not as good is Asakusa, as well as a couple of ones near Ueno.

Anyway, I like all your shots! Keep at it and keep posting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back