Some Headshots

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I get a call from this event planner ive been trying to network with for a while, she needs some semi casual - semi business headshots, and she needs them in 30 minutes. LOL

Thats what the elinchrome xmitter/ 47'' shoot-thru umbrella/ Nikon SB24 were made for !! Its amazing how predictable that setup is with a 50mm

I couldn't get all that creative, but it was fun to pull it off on a crowded condo balcony in record time. Just love the challenge.

haven't shot headshots in a while, I'm sure I screwed up on something, feel free to rip it apart.

IMG_0059web.jpg

IMG_0072web.jpg

IMG_0062web.jpg

IMG_0092web.jpg

IMG_0098web.jpg

those are nice! especially for a 30 minute job, for sure. I like 1 and 2 the best, great angles and her position is great. the last one seems a tad harsh with the light and she's posed awkwardly. I can't say much, though as I just did my first headshots a couple weeks ago (post is pretty recent on this board) and learned a lot from the session. Anyway, you've got some great composition on these and the crop on all of them is just right I think. Nice work.

I like the coloring and the composition, other than top of heads getting cut off. Taks one step backwards. Also like how they look against the backdrop.

If you gotta see teeth, at least they are white.

Having attractive models doesn't hurt any shot, but these are nice regardless.

Thanks,

The heads thing Its just how it's done to bring focus to the face
I didn't like it either when it was newer to me but
You get used to it after a while

they all seem really soft, with a big of a green cast, and a little hot in the central-face area. pretty good for a 30 minute set up, though.

re: green cast, I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately.. if no one else notices that, I might need to re-calibrate my monitors..

I agree there is a little bit of hot on 2 and 4 in forehead
I could airbrush it out maybe, as long as it doesn't look too fake I might try that!

As far as the softness and green I think your
Monitor might be dying or something there's almost

No green in these at all.

Let me know specifically where it's soft,
I just zoomed in like 300% from just my
iPhone and the front hair strands,
Eyes, lips, teeth, all in super sharp focus
On all shots, maybe I'm missing something.

so I re calamabraited my monitor, and the green went away. the softness I was seeing was or is from a shallow DOF? the facial details are very crisp, but areas of the hair/head are OOF, or soft, or something. i dunno, ignore me. I'm going a little crazy right now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back