Some help with cloning?

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys. Im stumped. Ive taken three series of pictures with the same girl with a tripod that I want to align so the girl looks like they are twins.

However, due to small changes in the sun, I cannot get this to work.

Is there anyone here that can help me? Can someone help me if I send them the originals?

My email is [email protected]

Reshoot, and shoot faster. You can't change lighting like that in post production.

The pair with the grocery cart wouldn't work very well I think you need to stabilize your tripod better and use manual exposure.

Want me to send PSDs?

dsc0327compemailqa0.jpg

dsc0445compemailxl4.jpg

Nice work Traveler.

This was much much easier than it might seem.
I made a duplicate layer of the background then pulled in the other picture of the two. I masked out roughly the area on the layer where the second figure might go and aligned them as much as possible.

I tried to match the background color of what seemed the better one using brightness/curves.

Then I finalized the mask along straight lines as much as possible- in the first one I used that vertical pipe. I blurred the mask to ease the junction.

In the second, one can see that the top of the door disn't line up well. The tripod must have moved a little, so I blurred that in the final.

If this has been more difficult color, I would have used adjustment layers but I was confident I could match this up and just went ahead and changed the layer directly. Took maybe 10 minutes or less for either one.

layersri0.jpg

Of course, if there was dough involved, I would have been much more careful with masks and colors and I would have used adjustment layers for changing any color or brightness so I could correct them to the client's likes.

They did a tutorial on a method like this in Pop Photo a couple of months back.

WOW!

They are amazing. Thank you so much!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back