Some Ice Formations

jopu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This time in the right forum ;)

Grab my camera along for a Saturday afternoon walk (like I often do) on a nearby island.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Cheers!

Very nice.
I'm trying to think how the last one could be better. I'm finding something not quite right with the swan in the dark. A little fill in flash? A lower angle?

Very nice.
I'm trying to think how the last one could be better. I'm finding something not quite right with the swan in the dark. A little fill in flash? A lower angle?

... Yes, me too! If I only would have had the flash ready on a cord (like you always do when you are on a Saturday afternoon walk, right ;) ). It was spur of a moment picture when I saw the swan - just pointed and shot. 10 seconds later the swan swam in a position behind the steep rock and would have been impossible to photograph.

I had the camera on Aperture priority and it gave 1/200 shutter because of the still bright sky. I think that a 1/80 or so would have been better. Would have given more light to the swan but still keep it sharp even when swimming... but... maybe next time I get it.

It is a RAW file though, so maybe little photoshop will make it a little bit better? Haven't give it a try yet.

By the way the nasty dust spot in the sky has been removed :D

I had the camera on Aperture priority and it gave 1/200 shutter because of the still bright sky. I think that a 1/80 or so would have been better. Would have given more light to the swan but still keep it sharp even when swimming... but... maybe next time I get it.

It is a RAW file though, so maybe little photoshop will make it a little bit better? Haven't give it a try yet.
try making a brighter image by upping the lighting and general luminosity in RAW, than place that one over the original, darker, image. than some selective erasing/burning in the upper part of the brighter layer. should put more light on the swan.

just my post-processing thoughts :)

Thanks for the comments! :D
try making a brighter image by upping the lighting and general luminosity in RAW, than place that one over the original, darker, image. than some selective erasing/burning in the upper part of the brighter layer. should put more light on the swan.

...just what I had in mind and did. Also re-cropped to remove the rock and the graffiti wall from the right.

main.php

How is it now?

i would have left the piece of wall there. now the swan is at the very bottom of the picture. looks more balanced in the old picture. good edit othewise though.

Final edit!:
main.php

Most reactions

New Topics

Back