Some mild midterm venting. And a picture!

Love that show.

Well, true to form, I am getting my rest this week thanks to a lovely sinus infection. This usually doesn't happen until the end of the semester, but I've been pushing much harder than usual and, well, I'm not 20 years old anymore ;) I need ketchup!

I was at my internship today but I don't have to be anywhere else until Monday. I have my cold medicine (raw spinach, veggie broth, garlic, and sweet potatoes, plus a little chocolate for good measure), I have tons of tea (and some whiskey!) and cough drops, I have a cozy couch, a cozy blanket, and two cozy cats.

The only thing I'll be studying for the next two days will be the inside of my eyelids.

FYI. If you make every child wear one of these and one of these your life would be much easier. Potty breaks take longer, but you wouldn't have that sinus infection any more. :mrgreen:

P.S. if you would like to get over your sinus infection quicker go get a bottle of this. Drink the entire thing in 60 minutes. If you wake up you will be cured. If you don't, well it was a hell of a good time for that hour. :biglaugh:

Can I still make my students wear those even though they are adults? Not only kids are big walking germ sacks after all ;)

Mmmm, single malt can't hurt...I'll refrain from drinking the entire bottle in one sitting, however. I might not want to wake up until noon, but I DO want to wake up!

Love that show.

Well, true to form, I am getting my rest this week thanks to a lovely sinus infection. This usually doesn't happen until the end of the semester, but I've been pushing much harder than usual and, well, I'm not 20 years old anymore ;) I need ketchup!

I was at my internship today but I don't have to be anywhere else until Monday. I have my cold medicine (raw spinach, veggie broth, garlic, and sweet potatoes, plus a little chocolate for good measure), I have tons of tea (and some whiskey!) and cough drops, I have a cozy couch, a cozy blanket, and two cozy cats.

The only thing I'll be studying for the next two days will be the inside of my eyelids.

You need some salt water with baking soda and a bulb-type syringe to rinse your sinuses...believe me, I know...

If you'll do a daily rinse or two with the above, you'll eliminate most sinus colds and infections. But, once one develops, if you do NOT use the oldest cure in the book, recovery will be needlessly longer than it should be. Forget the neti pot nonsense...you can use a bulb type syringe with ease, and no mess.

I've never tried the neti pot. Seems too messy. I do have a saline nose spray, but I always forget to use it until I'm already sick. I know how therapeutic salt can be, so I might give the bulb thing a try.

Get well soon! :hug:: No one should be sick during precious time off (although that's how it usually happens for me, too). :irked:

Can I still make my students wear those even though they are adults? Not only kids are big walking germ sacks after all ;)

Mmmm, single malt can't hurt...I'll refrain from drinking the entire bottle in one sitting, however. I might not want to wake up until noon, but I DO want to wake up!

Of course you can. This is my favorite. Love the color and the cut.

I picture this as Terri's suit. I think it goes better with film gear. :mrgreen:

This ought to make you feel better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back