Some modifications to the Galleries

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all - we have made some changes to the Gallery layout that we've been considering for a while.

While it is never going to be possible to cater to everyone's specific ideas, your ongoing feedback is always of value. I know it can sometimes seem that change is slow to come, but please trust that we do read everything. When we believe some ideas make sense and, just as importantly, will be of benefit to the entire membership, we integrate them into our overall plans.

Thanks for your continued input! Our members are what make TPF the best photography site on the web.

Take a look, read some of the revised Gallery descriptions - and enjoy!

Looks good - just wondering where nature and wildlife shots should go now? Just in the general gallery?

Thanks for listening to all of the feedback!

Yeah, that does look good, I'm glad that pets are now mentioned in the 'Just for Fun' gallery. And it's nice to see Sports in there too. But, I have the same question as Ajay.

Overall, nice change.

It's your call. This is why we don't spread things out too much. ;) If you've taken a lovely outdoors shot, maybe it's a landscape to your mind. But if you've shot it in B&W, then perhaps you'd rather put it in the B&W Gallery. If there is a moose in it, perhaps you'd rather put it in the wildlife section.....etc, etc.

It's all subjective and left to artist's choice, at the end of the day.

Can't decide...? You always have the General Gallery. :)

It's your call. This is why we don't spread things out too much. ;) If you've taken a lovely outdoors shot, maybe it's a landscape to your mind. But if you've shot it in B&W, then perhaps you'd rather put it in the B&W Gallery. If there is a moose in it, perhaps you'd rather put it in the wildlife section.....etc, etc.

It's all subjective and left to artist's choice, at the end of the day.

Can't decide...? You always have the General Gallery. :)

Am I blind?? I'm not seeing a wildlife gallery...is it in a sub-forum?

Arch was kind enough to point out to me that I had to actually create the forum before you guys could post in it.... :biglaugh:

Try now! :mrgreen:

Before there's an onslaught of requests to move recent threads from one to the other, I will say: please be patient. We'll chip away at some more, but I have to work at the real job for now and only had time for the first page or so. ;)

In the meantime, please begin filling it up with new images!

Much better! Finally separated "people" and "pets", I never could figure that one out. Also good to see the Sports category. Thank you!

Quick question- if I have a pet shot that I want to get serious critique on, where do I post it?

Thanks Mods and Admins for the update. It's good to know that you pay attention and are willing to listen to the community.

Quick question- if I have a pet shot that I want to get serious critique on, where do I post it?
I'd probably post it in the General Gallery and make sure I asked for "serious critique" in the subject title, so it didn't get overlooked. :) Does anybody have a better idea for Noescape?

Eric - you're a sweetie. :mrgreen:

Glad everything seems to be working well, guys. On behalf of the mod team, you're all very welcome!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back