Some Moon Shots

JLB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My 1st post here, and figured I'd start off with some shots of the moon. Go easy on me, I'm relatively new to this. These are my first tries at the moon...

img1745a.jpg

img1747.jpg

img1798w.jpg

img1831z.jpg

they are nice. can you put some info on here about your shots?

Pretty nice shots for a first time try and welcome to the forum. They have good detail for the size they are. I might have cropped a little harder to have less wasted black space.

One thing I can't figure out is the outline that's showing up on all the shots. It's most evident in the last 2, but all 4 have it. Is that from some kind of post processing sharpening or contrast stretching? The moon isn't outlined like that.

Wow those are really cool, I would also like to know your technique on this, and your equipment :)

Thank you. I'm using a Canon 40D, and shot all four with a Canon EF 70-300 1:4-5.6 IS USM Lens at 300mm. The 1st two were taken at ISO 200-F8-1/800, don't recall what I shot the final two at. As far as the light outline, I noticed it too, it must be from sharpening them with Digital Photo Professional. All were taken on a Sunpak 7500TM tripod, with the mirror lockup, and timer. I've yet to buy a remote...

Very cool shots!!!!! Ive had NO luck with Moon shots :) Great job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back