Some from last night

IMG_7636FB.jpg

IMG_7717FB.jpg

IMG_7699FB.jpg

IMG_7625FB.jpg

IMG_7841FB.jpg

Can I get this chick's number?

I feel left out! lol
Even as a female I can enjoy these shots because they are good and the model is wonderful.
I wish I had a model like this at my disposal! lol

great diversity of images here. Lighting is very nice with some good drama. Do you have a studio? If not you sure did a good job of making it look like you do.

Dude... get out of the beginners forum. Love 1-4. My only nit pick (and it is small) are the few blown areas: chair under her legs in 1, ruffle in 2, shoulder in 3. The hat seems to be really sucking the light in number 4, but I'm not looking at the hat for some reason. :sexywink:

Thanks guys! Still a beginner, still have lots to learn here. No studio, but at home basement. Would have been great to have a studio though since my basement ceiling is only 7 ft tall. I use the 2 white lightning x1600 with my 580 ex speedlite to help. I use reflectors (I didn't this time).

Dude... get out of the beginners forum. Love 1-4. My only nit pick (and it is small) are the few blown areas: chair under her legs in 1, ruffle in 2, shoulder in 3. The hat seems to be really sucking the light in number 4, but I'm not looking at the hat for some reason. :sexywink:

By mid week I should have couple more things, 1 beauty dish and 1 10x36 strip box and barn doors for the studio strobes which should help more with the light spilling on to the subject. I also just ordered seamless paper so itll be longer and should let me place models further away from the backdrop :)

and I'll let my wife know you all appreciate her looks :LOL:

1-800-ura-perve

I think they're pretty good. The white background looks a little glowing in the first 1. And she could make a different expression every now and then, not so serious every pic. but i think you did a good job and have some good poses though.

1-800-ura-perve

I think they're pretty good. The white background looks a little glowing in the first 1. And she could make a different expression every now and then, not so serious every pic. but i think you did a good job and have some good poses though.

Thanks. Hey, Schwettylens is a friend and it was a joke :D

How could I be a perve? She is a grown woman LOL.

Mo, I assume you did a lot of PP on the background? You just did it on a regular white wall? NJ man. The white is a little too strong. But I think your wife should look much better on a white background because of her dark hair.

I think your photos suffer from poor or uneven lighting. I'll explain what I mean:

1. Do you notice how the left side of the frame is better exposed than the right side of the frame? If you look at her legs and shoes, you'll see that there's almost a milky haze over that side of the frame. It almost looks even like the image gets softer on the right side. I think this mostly has to do with the conditions in which you composed the shot and what the light had to bounce off of in the room you were in.

2. Probably the strongest of the set, however you covered up part of her body with your watermark. That's normally considered bad practice.

3. The black background makes it appear as though she has far less hair than she does. There's not enough definition, or sheen on her hair to make it stand out from the black background.

4. Suffers less from the lighting that plagued #1. But still looks slightly out of focus for whatever reason. It become very apparent around her earring.

5. Lost definition in hair, use of excessive skin softening, and the earring again looks out of focus and I find to be very distracting.

You seem to be getting a lot of praise from these shots, but to be honest I'm not really impressed. I think the lighting needs a lot of reworking, and you should exercise more subtlety when processing images.

Studio lights does not a professional photographer make. But you're probably on the right track.

I think your photos suffer from poor or uneven lighting. I'll explain what I mean:

1. Do you notice how the left side of the frame is better exposed than the right side of the frame? If you look at her legs and shoes, you'll see that there's almost a milky haze over that side of the frame. It almost looks even like the image gets softer on the right side. I think this mostly has to do with the conditions in which you composed the shot and what the light had to bounce off of in the room you were in.

2. Probably the strongest of the set, however you covered up part of her body with your watermark. That's normally considered bad practice.

3. The black background makes it appear as though she has far less hair than she does. There's not enough definition, or sheen on her hair to make it stand out from the black background.

4. Suffers less from the lighting that plagued #1. But still looks slightly out of focus for whatever reason. It become very apparent around her earring.

5. Lost definition in hair, use of excessive skin softening, and the earring again looks out of focus and I find to be very distracting.

You seem to be getting a lot of praise from these shots, but to be honest I'm not really impressed. I think the lighting needs a lot of reworking, and you should exercise more subtlety when processing images.

Studio lights does not a professional photographer make. But you're probably on the right track.

Thanks, I think you should do a photo shoot and show me what you mean. :thumbup:

I think she is over-painting her top lip...the excessive lip color and or gloss looks bad above her natural lip line. It is most noticeable in the last and the second to last photos. She is a lovely woman; you're a lucky man!

Most reactions

Back