Some More Old Montreal

fsquare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Notre-Dame Basillica

Built some time in the 1700's. They call it "revival gothic architecture". Next time i'll go inside which I know is completely insane looking.

6681934513_2ca09d49f9_b.jpg

Place d'Armes Square

"Formerly, when Montreal's downtown and central business district centred on Old Montreal and Saint-Jacques Street (or St. James as it was then called), Place d'Armes was the hub of the city's tramway lines, with a depot to the north on Craig Street (now Saint-Antoine). A 1940s plan for the Montreal metro planned a station directly underneath the square for easy transfer (the current station is a short distance to the north)."

6681935303_5e80bd58e3_b.jpg

These photos make me miss being back home. I used to skate board apt around that area.
Such a beautiful city.

Yup, i work nearby so i'm lucky enough to see the area on a daily basis. So much to shoot, so little time.

What I want to know is how you managed to get rid of all the people in the squares? I never seem to find the place empty (ok, at 4 in the morning when it's -39C on Sunday, and even then someone's loitering around).

Nice pix. What lens and focal length did you use? The square is very large.
I helped a friend moving from Houston to Montreal years ago. I spent one day for a quick tour.

Excellent images... wonderful place to be.....
The halo like cloud around the buildings suggest human involvement though ( as i used to doing ;) )

Regards :D

What I want to know is how you managed to get rid of all the people in the squares? I never seem to find the place empty (ok, at 4 in the morning when it's -39C on Sunday, and even then someone's loitering around).

I guess i got lucky but i did wait for people to get out of my way. It was about 5PM on a Tuesday. If this was any other season the place would be packed.

Nice pix. What lens and focal length did you use? The square is very large.
I helped a friend moving from Houston to Montreal years ago. I spent one day for a quick tour.

I was using a Nikon 10-24mm shot at 11mm. Currently the lens is for sale but I haven't posted it yet seeing as many won't buy from Canada.

Excellent images... wonderful place to be.....
The halo like cloud around the buildings suggest human involvement though ( as i used to doing ;) )

Regards :D

The church was 5 exposures and the square 3 exposure. I hardly did any tone mapping. Just stacked my images, some slight adjustments, sharpening and that is pretty much it. The only thing i tried to overdo was the sky in the church shot using some masks which I guess created those halos. Just a shame with such a nice structure that the sky was so boring.

Most reactions

Back