Some Nature Photos from the Hill Country

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few photos from my excursion across the Texas hill country.

What's the story on #7? I love that one. I'm a fisheries major with a minor in Herpetology, so it caught my eye. I love #2 as well. All of them are great!

It was taken on the Llano River Ranch. There were three rattlesnakes that we photographed, but it was so cold that morning that it was hard to get the first two to get riled up. They kept trying to escape into the cactus behind them.
The photograph is of the last one, which was larger and more aggressive. We had difficulty getting it to cool up and rattle but it would often strike the tongs when the handler, Mark, who oversees the ranch, would reposition him.

Well one time Mark was moving him over when the snake swung its head back to strike the tongs and it snagged a prickly pear instead.

It's the nature equivalent of a high school student chunking a basketball and making the game winning goal from the opposite end of the court. Lol

It was taken on the Llano River Ranch. There were three rattlesnakes that we photographed, but it was so cold that morning that it was hard to get the first two to get riled up. They kept trying to escape into the cactus behind them.
The photograph is of the last one, which was larger and more aggressive. We had difficulty getting it to cool up and rattle but it would often strike the tongs when the handler, Mark, who oversees the ranch, would reposition him.

Well one time Mark was moving him over when the snake swung its head back to strike the tongs and it snagged a prickly pear instead.

It's the nature equivalent of a high school student chunking a basketball and making the game winning goal from the opposite end of the court. Lol

Nice shots. I like that snake shot as well. Not sure what to say about standing around intentionally trying to rile up rattlesnakes. ;-)

Kevin

Nice variety, I really like the wildflower effect in the first one

Most reactions

New Topics

Back