Some new stuff (56k beware)

Thanks a_scayola. These are all digital, shot with a Canon 20D and a few different lenses, shot in RAW, processed with C1 LE, imported into Adobe photoshop, tweaked further, some more than others, and volia.

great shots as everyone has already mentioned matt! Might be a dumb question, but what is C1 LE? also, i have the 20d as well, and have been playing with ALL the settings, but can't seem to find a good combo. Was wondering if you would share how you have your settings set? My pictures seem to come out usually soft and underexposed though i expose (according to the meter) perfectly. I'm guessing i am missing a setting or not tweaking a setting properly...

Wow the flowers are very good :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks so much everyone :)

themonko said:
great shots as everyone has already mentioned matt! Might be a dumb question, but what is C1 LE? also, i have the 20d as well, and have been playing with ALL the settings, but can't seem to find a good combo. Was wondering if you would share how you have your settings set? My pictures seem to come out usually soft and underexposed though i expose (according to the meter) perfectly. I'm guessing i am missing a setting or not tweaking a setting properly...

C1 LE is RAW editing software. You can learn more and buy it at http://www.phaseone.com

As for settings, I shoot in raw, and I set my own exposure values manually. There are no other settings that work for every picture. I have found that the meter does underexpose a bit, 1/3-2/3 of a stop. Set it up to show you a histogram after each shot. Expose to the right.

If your photos are soft, that sounds like a lens problem. What lens are you using, and are you shooting wide open? If dof isn't an issue, stop down to f/8 or f11. You shots will be much sharper.

The camera is just a tool. You are capturing light. Find good light, and know how to use your equipment to capture it.

:shock: Matt your work is absolutly stunning! The flowers are fantastic and I really like the choice of angle in forsaken, and that sky... amazing. I also love the subtle color in forsaken, duotone? I could go on and on, very inspirational.

holy...wow....

#1 and 2 are just incredible. I love the lighting and colors on #1 and the angle just works so well with the 2nd one, which is wierd since that's so untraditional

Most reactions

Back