Some nice large format boudoir and nudes pix

Don't care for the whole "MASTER" of everything routine... especially when I don't really care for a lot of the work I saw. Some I liked, but not the majority. ;)

quite a few looked out of focus to me...master? kinda pretentious. does he do anything besides nudes? i swear that NOONE smiled in his pics. (the nude girl with her arms crossed over her breasts has a look on her face like hes holding a gun forcing her to pose) Odd that he has what looks like a 12 year old girls portrait right next to a naked woman in the slideshow. I dont care all that much for black and white, so it was a little much for me. Its nice to know that if you pay $1000 for his 2 print deal, you get a copy of his book for free.

quite a few looked out of focus to me...master? kinda pretentious. does he do anything besides nudes? i swear that NOONE smiled in his pics. (the nude girl with her arms crossed over her breasts has a look on her face like hes holding a gun forcing her to pose) Odd that he has what looks like a 12 year old girls portrait right next to a naked woman in the slideshow. I dont care all that much for black and white, so it was a little much for me. Its nice to know that if you pay $1000 for his 2 print deal, you get a copy of his book for free.

I found the posing very awkward in a lot of them also. About the only one I really liked was the woman laying on her belly on a bed, facing away... nice moody shot, nice buns! The rest... meh!

I found the posing very awkward in a lot of them also. About the only one I really liked was the woman laying on her belly on a bed, facing away... nice moody shot, nice buns! The rest... meh!

definitely agree about the posing. looked very forced. not natural at all. maybe that's just his style, and it must work for him. what do I know though...HE'S the Master. I bet he has glow around him when he photographs :lol:

The one of the woman on the floor with the white nightgown looks like it could be used in an add to stop domestic abuse.

definitely agree about the posing. looked very forced. not natural at all. maybe that's just his style, and it must work for him. what do I know though...HE'S the Master. I bet he has glow around him when he photographs :lol:

If you are a good salesman, and can convince the world that you are good.... then you will have clients! (Whether you are good or not!) :)

I think the dude should take up fishing. Then he would be a Master-Baiter.

I went through the Portraits, Nudes and Humor galleries.... meh. Some were good, but as a body of work, they left me flat lining. Perhaps another look when I'm not pre-occupied.

Don't care for the whole "MASTER" of everything routine... especially when I don't really care for a lot of the work I saw. Some I liked, but not the majority. ;)

Yeah, I know. Some people got big egos.

But...if you shoot 4 x 5 sheet film and can do wet prints you are 'kinda' a master nowadays compared to the all digital, fully auto, ink jet printing crowd that don't even know what a film notch is.

Last edited:
If you are a good salesman, and can convince the world that you are good.... then you will have clients! (Whether you are good or not!) :)
This reminds me of somebody - Kay or Ken or something.
I agree with others - there are some nice photos but as a collection, it's lacking.

But...if you shoot 4 x 5 sheet film and can do wet prints you are 'kinda' a master nowadays compared to the all digital, fully auto, ink jet printing crowd that don't even know what a film notch is.
That's non-sense, because today it's not as 'auto' as many think it is. You just have to master a different set of information and technique - how digital images work, gamma curves, color spaces, file types, image interpolation, ink/dye archival properties, resolution, file compression schemes, ICC profiles, blah, blah, blah.

Developing film and making prints isn't all that hard. It's just a different set of information, tools, and skills that get used.

Yeah, digital photography is really difficult. Just finding the "ON" switch and the shutter button can take months. And, you have to study for years before you can create a YouTube video with your cell phone. Film is sooooo much easier than digital. That's why the public flocks to digital photography -- they hate the easiness of film and enjoy the challenge of learning new technical things! :lol:

Yeah, digital photography is really difficult. Just finding the "ON" switch and the shutter button can take months. And, you have to study for years before you can create a YouTube video with your cell phone. Film is sooooo much easier than digital. That's why the public flocks to digital photography -- they hate the easiness of film and enjoy the challenge of learning new technical things! :lol:

thats a gross oversimplification of digital photography..sure, you CAN just set everything to auto and take a picture, but its not going to be really great. maybe good, but not great. just like anyone can throw a roll of film in a camera and take some pics. taking excellent pictures in any format takes a certain level of technical and artistic skill. just because you can push a button, doesnt mean you can take a great picture and pose it well, light it well, process it well and put out a quality piece of work.

I suspect it is more the "Instant Gratification" aspect.... take a shot, and boom, there it is ready for Facebook! Blame the manufacturers for giving us things like AF, TTL, Auto and Program and Scene modes that do a halfway decent job... all at very reasonable prices for the low end stuff.

He is from Pittsburgh, or atleast, Allegheny county which is where I live. Just quick fun fact. However, I don't like his work. Like stated above the models aren't smiling, they seem very insecure or lacking the comfortableness ( if thats a word) around the photographer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back