Some of my B&W

MDaniels952

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recently got into photography (3 months ago) I have a Canon T3i -18-55mm kit lens and a 50mm f/1.8 are the only lenses I have at the moment. I edit in Lightroom 4.1 Here are some of my B&W's

$2012 911.jpg
$Angel oak.jpg
$Folly Pier.jpg

I like 'em. The oak is a little off. It's sort of soft and light, overall. It feels like you did some more processing than strictly speaking you ought to have?

There seems to be a very strong vignette on #3 which is pretty powerful in this case, but I'd be curious to see it without, or with less.

I like 'em. The oak is a little off. It's sort of soft and light, overall. It feels like you did some more processing than strictly speaking you ought to have?

There seems to be a very strong vignette on #3 which is pretty powerful in this case, but I'd be curious to see it without, or with less.

I have another edit of the 3rd shot with less vignetting (which I like better). As far as the tree goes, how would you edit it? Do you think its a contrast issue?

I have another edit of the 3rd shot with less vignetting (which I like better). As far as the tree goes, how would you edit it? Do you think its a contrast issue?

Very nice work. You will be fine photographer.

As far as the tree goes, how would you edit it? Do you think its a contrast issue?

I think it might be a conversion issue? The moss and the leaves are rendering very very light, as if you used a red filter or similar (err, I think I have the colors right, maybe I have it backwards, anyways, whatever makes the greens render very pale).

It feels almost like an IR shot, which renders foliage almost pure white normally.

Anyways, since the moss and leaves are so small and fine relative to the tree, the effect is almost like a sort of mist around the tree. On the one hand it looks sort of fairyland/magical, on the other hands.. I guess it looks unreal and strange, which is really the same thing. It's definitely an effect, and a strong one. Maybe I guess I'd like to see if with the greens rendered in darker tones -- maybe it would be stupid and boring then, dunno.

The more I look at the framing of the tree, the more I think you did it very nicely. It's really too big an object to stick entirely in the frame, I think, without losing the sense of the details which are so important here. So, you have to chop edges off, and I think you picked a good frame to throw over the tree.

So, uh, there's some rambling stuff. If you can make something of it and get an idea that you like, great!

Thanks for the input! I see what you mean. Might try to toy with it later today and see if I cant get something better out of it.

Nah...the tree is fine the way it is IMO. Different but interesting. If you zoom in, the detail shows that that ACTUALLY is the way the tree looked on that day. Leave it be. Maybe mess around with the tones, but I think it conveys a great mood. I'd do my best to clone out the easels, though.

First image..meh. Last one is getting there!! Great start

Most reactions

Back