Some of my first dSLR shots

Lephty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some of my first dSLR shots. Please CC them for me!

P.S. These were all done without PhotoShop.

DSC_0140.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

RoadTrip37.jpg

RoadTrip84.jpg

Last edited:
Number 1 is a jet turning around on the runway at the airport, in the middle closer to the right is the tail where you can see the airline logo. Number 2 was me playing around with depth of field. It was good exercise because I was using the cards as a makeshift "scale" to get a feel what the depth of field would be like at different apertures.

Last edited:
When posting multiple images, it's always nice if you take the time to number them.

All 4 images are tilted to one degree or another.

For me #1 has to much above and below the center of interest, the abstract blur created by the long exposure.

#2 lacks contrast and has the worst tilt of the 4 and I think the DOF is way shallow for this shot.

#3 also lacks contrast and is just slightly crooked.

#4 like #1 has to much in the image with the crooked road being the main subject.

So, here is what I would do with the 4, based on my comments:
DSC_0140.jpg

#2 and how much I rotated it
IMG_0013.jpg

#3 Adjusted with Curves after making the vertical lines, vertical
RoadTrip37.jpg

#4 Cropped and Curves, only
RoadTrip84.jpg

The card shot was actually done with the stock 18-55 that came with the camera as I do not have a macro....yet

#4's my favorite. As soon as I saw it I was thinking about how to crop it and then I scrolled down and saw Kieth was on it. Nice lines in that picture.

Lephty, do you have astigmatism? I have it in my right eye, and I do not wear glasses (like I should be...oops), and I have to be careful when photographing or hanging stuff on walls because of it. Just curious.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back