::.Some Of My New Portrait Work::. Feedback Apprecited

See you guys dont know much about me and what I have done! I have helped probably hundreds of kids online in photography you guys just havent seen it because your not on my facebook or twitter! and no one has asked for help I try to do as much as I can join my facebook and twitter and you will see what goes on. Just 2 weeks ago I made a kids dream come true hes been wanting to shoot hip hop artists and I picked him up to work with me so he can make his dream come true.

I detect a large amount of jealousy coming from the people on this forum,
get off his back and give him the feedback he wants.

He's making it further in life with his career than any of you probably ever will.

Cry somewhere else.

That's awesome, SdotB!
You are not helping people here, though. People are coming HERE for help. You could become a valued member HERE, and help them.
You say "no one has asked for help", even though there are several threads of from people wanting to get into concert photography.

Of course nobody knows anything about you. You don't participate here enough for us to get to know you.

He's making it further in life with his career than any of you probably ever will.

Cry somewhere else.
You are so ****ing off the mark it's not even funny.

See you guys dont know much about me and what I have done! I have helped probably hundreds of kids online in photography you guys just havent seen it because your not on my facebook or twitter! and no one has asked for help I try to do as much as I can join my facebook and twitter and you will see what goes on. Just 2 weeks ago I made a kids dream come true hes been wanting to shoot hip hop artists and I picked him up to work with me so he can make his dream come true.

That's all well and good, but what Bitter is saying is that there *are* kids HERE... who ask for help. No, they're not posting "Hey sdotbphotography! What do you think of my work? How should I do this? How do I make this happen?" What they write looks more like this, "Hey guys, I'm just getting into concert and music photography and I was wondering if you could take a look at these images and tell me what you think. What should I do differently? Also, I'm having a lot of trouble with XYZ... what do you recommend I do for that? If anyone here has experience with this and can help me, I'd really appreciate it!"

No, it's not directly addressed to you. No, they might not be PMing you because they MIGHT not even know you're posts exist on here in between the millions of other posts that get put here daily.

What Bitter is saying is that you should stick around... read *others* posts... *offer* them help.

If you don't wanna comment on the pictures of babies and cars and ducks... don't. But there DEFINITELY are a handful of people who post for critique of their concert and music promo photos.

I'm certainly not shooting celebrities. At least not in the intimate fashion that you are, but I definitely have more experience (read: have been doing it more than a week and have had plenty of trial and error) with concert photography than some of the newer people here, and I don't wait for them to ask me *specifically* for help if I see them asking for help on one of their threads.

People come here for the community and knowledge of other photographers. Note the word *community*. No one wants to have to join your Facebook or Twitter to get help from you after posting here.

If you want to be helpful in *this* community... all Bitter and some of the others are saying is then to be a *part* of this community. Don't outsource your help to your other social networks. Help the kids here.

Help people *here* realize their dreams or whatever it is you're doing. Otherwise it *does* come across as advertisement to some of the other members and that doesn't sit well with them.

Please don't think I'm coming down on you... I'm simply just trying to explain to you why you got such a knee-jerk reaction from your post. :lol:

I'm really glad you were able to help that kid out 2 weeks ago... That was really cool of you and I'm sure he's gonna love you forever for that. But again... you don't have to wait for the members here to specifically come to you to help them.

Don't stop posting... that's not at all what we... or at least *I*... am saying... but definitely be an active part of the community and people will respond to you much better! :lol: :biggrin:

And besides... surfing these boards and posting in others' threads... you never know what you're going to learn. YOU might even become a better photographer yourself, because of it. And THAT'S never a bad thing, is it? :sexywink: :hug::

Cry somewhere else.
Really? I see a bunch of wannabe photographers criticizing a more successful photographer, simply because he posted his pictures in the "begginers" section of your precious forums.
I honestly think it bugs the hell out of you that someone with so little experience, is doing more with his career than you could dream of.
He didn't say or do anything to provoke any type of negative reactions towards himself.
you simply started criticizing.

Leave the guy alone. He came here asking for feedback on his work in order to improve on his already successful skill.
Now run along to 4chan and vent your anger towards people that are more deserving of it.

Cry somewhere else.
Really? I see a bunch of wannabe photographers criticizing a more successful photographer, simply because he posted his pictures in the "begginers" section of your precious forums.
I honestly think it bugs the hell out of you that someone with so little experience, is doing more with his career than you could dream of.
He didn't say or do anything to provoke any type of negative reactions towards himself.
you simply started criticizing.

Leave the guy alone. He came here asking for feedback on his work in order to improve on his already successful skill.
Now run along to 4chan and vent your anger towards people that are more deserving of it.

Keep going, you are on a roll!

love #2,7,8. and yea, how did you get to shoot bieber?

I try to do as much as I can I dont have enough time to come on the forums and browse the entire thing but when I do come on I will look I barely have time to keep up with my social networks. I try to help as much as I can but you keep talking about concerts I dont shoot concerts though or go to them, but If I can then I will help.

I try to do as much as I can I dont have enough time to come on the forums and browse the entire thing but when I do come on I will look I barely have time to keep up with my social networks. I try to help as much as I can but you keep talking about concerts I dont shoot concerts though or go to them, but If I can then I will help.

There are also people that do promo shoots. I just have a habit of saying "concert photography". I should have said "music photography". :lol:

Either way... keep on keeping on! You're obviously doing *something* right with your networking :lol: :sexywink:

I am kind of disappointed.. I saw this thread building so rapidly I had to stop in and see what Kbarredo did this time... It's not even about him, hmm.. Kbarredo, you need to step up your game. :p

Why does it matter if he posts his link? Many people here have links in their posts and not all of them are helpful.
Why does it matter if he posts in the wrong forum if others do the same thing? Just ignore it and let a mod deal with it.

As far as him helping here.. That would be great, but that is not a requirement to post for C&C here. Is it?

This post went bad early for no apparent reason. I say C&C his work or just move along, just like any other post. If it's spam, report it.

Most reactions

Back