Some of my people photos

Silihari

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone. I am new to this site and would like to share some of my portraits I have taken of me and others. I have been doing photography for about 5 years and just got my Canon xTi about a year ago. I would like some C&C please!

These two are me:
IMG_7779small.jpg

whitebrown01.jpg

And my friends:
IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_8288small.jpg

Hope you like!

Nice shots, keep at it.............

That first shot is gorgeous. I like the effect of the green tinge and the way you framed the shot. You're a great model, too!

It might be just me, though, but that first shot feels like its slanting down to the left ever so slightly. Have you tried rotating it like .5% counter-clockwise?

Also, for the shot with your friend with the umbrella, is this a crop? It feels a *little* tight, and I'd like to see it moved a bit to the right, so there's less of the door in the shot.

Having said that - they look awesome - look forward to seeing more of your work!

Beautiful shots. I love the self portraits. #4 seems to have a slight yellow tint to it, but other than that I liked them. And I have to say, you are beautiful!

That first shot is gorgeous. I like the effect of the green tinge and the way you framed the shot. You're a great model, too!

It might be just me, though, but that first shot feels like its slanting down to the left ever so slightly. Have you tried rotating it like .5% counter-clockwise?

Also, for the shot with your friend with the umbrella, is this a crop? It feels a *little* tight, and I'd like to see it moved a bit to the right, so there's less of the door in the shot.

Having said that - they look awesome - look forward to seeing more of your work!

Hmm thats just how I took it. I could rotate it a bit to make it better. Thanks for letting me know!

And yeah I zoomed in a bit in the umbrella pic. Once again thanks for the critique! You are very helpful.

And thanks everyone else too!

Well, im not a pro by any means.. But I really like first picture.. And your tattoo is really really nice!

I think the first two are framed and composed really well. I also like the color wash on the third and fourth a lot. As was mentioned before, the girl with the umbrella feels cropped a little tight. Overall, I really like your work. Keep it up!

Overall I like your pictures. In fact, I think they are some of the best "first photos" I've seen on here, including my own!

That being said, some of the compositions need work, namely both pictures with umbrellas. The male "model" is a awkward pose, not really sure what he is doing.

But my biggest gripe is the copyright on the first and last ones. While it may be a heated debate sometimes, I mantain that you don't REALLY need to copyright with a large watermark on this forum. It ruins the composition of the photograph, as our eyes see shapes before we see color and subject.

Keep up the great work!

Ryan

Most reactions

Back