Some of my pics (constructive criticism welcome!!!) :) (Just be gentle with me.)

d70girl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Alright, most of these seem really grainy to me, and I know it's me, not the camera. Still trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I wasn't particularly "struck" by any of these pictures -- just playing around with it and still trying to learn the settings. Suggestions wanted!!! :D

DSC_00671.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

This one is intentionally kinda "blown out". I was going for a weird effect...
DSC_0011.jpg

wtf.jpg

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ahhhh the classic shallow-depth-of-field-guitar-string shots, i think we've all had our share of those. it's a fun subject :)

i think you're off to a good start. as far as the grain, it's probably because of a setting on your camera called 'ISO'. Try finding it in your camera (i dont use a d70 so i dont know where it is) and changing it to a lower setting. the lower you can get away with the better.

i think your black and white photos could use a little boost, so i'd recommend a bit more contrast (but not as much as that really contrasty guitar pic, that's a bit too much IMO). I like the glowy look fo the last one :thumbsup:

Chase

I am now benign!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Enjoyed the series, some great perpsectives and it looks like you have a great eye for this. I also agree with the last post in that the B&W shots look a little flat to me, so I think adding some contrast would really add something to them.

Good stuff!

Most reactions

New Topics