Some of my wildlife photography

Erik McCormick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Besides having the opportunity to shoot beautiful models, my main passion in photography is seeking and finding different species of reptiles and amphibians in the wild...particularly snakes. Towards the end of summer in 2010, I had the opportunity to hit southwest NM and southwest AZ in search of some rare snakes and other animals. We had some good luck and were able to photograph animals in their natural environment:

1. Canyon Treefrog
orig.jpg

2. Western Twinspotted Rattlesnake
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

4. Sonoran Coral Snake
orig.jpg

5. Arizona Ridgenosed Rattlesnake
orig.jpg

6. Arizona Black Rattlesnake
orig.jpg

7. Reticulated Gila Monster
orig.jpg

8. Northern Green Ratsnake
orig.jpg

9. New Mexico Ridgenosed Rattlesnake (considered the rarest rattlesnake in the USA)
orig.jpg

10. Desert Striped Whipsnake
orig.jpg

Off to Florida in a few weeks to see what wildlife I can find down there...

Thanks for sharing. I think 1, 5, 8, 9, and 10 are the strongest. The composition and DOF control seem much better. As for 10, I love it, hate it and cant stop looking at it all at the same time! Wish the entire face was in focus, then again, it might make me have a heart attack...

Kristal

Wow, both my daughter and I love the last photo! Such shallow DOV and the focus sooo right!

Great photos, I love reptile photos.

I love shooting wildlife and I am okay with snakes, but I will be damned before I EVER get close enough to get a shot of one. LOL. I commend your bravery. That black rattler looks NASTY. F that! Haha. Great shots!

These are top notch...especially for wild captures.

I am digging that purple tongue on the Black Rattler.

You know it never looks like anything is alive out in the desert but you got a real great collection of wildlife.

These are really nice, although i think these thinks are creepy the captures are beautiful.

These pictures are absolutely amazing. I hope to one day find a job or the ability to take pictures of animals.

Most reactions

Back