Some Old Farmland

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Found all these things out in the middle of nowhere. Well kinda. A couple of the pics came from a small ghost town that has been relocated. Silver City Ghost Town. It's about 5 minutes away from a place I've been going for years and I never knew it was there :blulsh2:

I'm not too sure about the composition on any of them? Everything here is old. But it was all in a modern surrounding with cars, buildings, etc. And every shot either had tons of junk piled around it, or it was behind a fence :x So I did my best, but I'm not too sure about some of the crops and angles? Just tried to work with what I had.

barn_bw.jpg

fence_wall_bw.jpg

porch_bw.jpg

chain_bw.jpg

typewriter_bw.jpg

wow, love these shots...b&w well done. the second reminds me of those highlife books where you have to find stuff in an image....circle the saw ;)

Hey sounds like we live in the same place...miles from nowhere :lol:

I looooove the typewriter shot. The textures and tones in it are wonderful. :thumbup:

Keepem coming Woodsac. They are all nice shots and have great comp, but #1 I really fell for. Thx for sharing.

Post more soon. oops...lovely tone in these also. 8 )

Wow, thanks everyone! I never thought that anyone else would want to see my photos?

These were all shot in color (last weekend) and converted with PS CS2. I make changes to the color photo first, hue/saturation, sharpness (unsharp mask) and brightness/contrast. Then, I hit the channel mixer, then the shadow/highlight, and lastly the brightness/contrast. Except I usually wind up making several changes before I'm happy :D

Cool Woodsac, thx for replying with info.. And thx for the tip. These are really nice , again !

Excellent series Woodsac! I think that you did quite well considering the obstacles you mentioned. I really like these but I am especially taken with the typewriter like my fellow Canuck. I really like the B & W but I think the first and third photos would also really look nice in sepia. Keep 'em coming.

great shots...the first looks like a ghost town type..
everyone else has told you how good these are, i just had to jump in...!!

welcome..and good job!

NIce work. I really love the first and last shot. Very well done. Welcome to the forum too.

Most reactions

Back