DanPower

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Queenstown (NZ) Jun-Oct, Niseko (Japan) Nov-Apr, N
Website
www.danpower.co.nz
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out last night and took a handful of photos in Cooks Hill, Newcastle (AU). Nice colourful ones mostly, never realised it but most of the street and park lights there are really orange and warm and it was a heap of fun.. anyways just thought I'd share, c&c if you like :)

1. A lily (?) by a pond
$newie at night-1.jpg

2. Different perspective
$newie at night-1-2.jpg

3. Best graffiti ever
$newie at night-1-3.jpg

4. Alley mural
$newie at night-2.jpg

5. Poster wall
$newie at night-3.jpg

6. This fellow is looking rather confused, and I didn't make the 'simple plan' connection until processing lol
$newie at night-4.jpg

7. War monument cultural centre/fountain
$newie at night-5.jpg

All shots with a fifty mil and a 550D. Had a really good time, I seem to have more fun shooting streets and stuff at night than in the day, there seems to be more going on and I like the colours better, I think..

Might get out again tomorrow night and we're supposed to get a wicked full moon monday night, so I should be busy for the next few nights :D

i like 4,5,6 the rest dont do much for me. Nothing really special about them. But if i had to pick i would say 4 is my favorite :)

Thanks guys, 4,5,6 are my favourites too... reasonably close to SOOC mainly just with white balance corrected as the streetlights are mega orange. Might have fiddled the contrast a bit, maybe pumped the blacks in #4 to darken the back of the alley but I think that's about it.

I think I like 1 and 2 just because I'm impressed with the sharpness off the 50mm 1.8 for the price, at 100% the water drops on the leaves in #1 just jump off the screen. 7 is a bit plain but I like the fountain and I think it's got the potential to deliver some really awesome shots, unfortunately it switched off about 30 seconds after I took this one (must be on a timer) so it's the only one I could get :( But I want to go back a bit earlier and try again. 3 I just think the graffiti is funny :p

This whole area of the town is really interesting and full of colour so I will definitely go back here and see what else I can come up with, it was a really fun place to shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back