Some pics from around my little town today.

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was a beautiful day today, so I took a buddy who's interested into getting into Photography out with me and let him use my 50D. He had a blast and asked if we could go out again tomorrow. I think he's hooked... I bet he's shopping for 50D's right now on Amazon. :)

Here's a few pics I shot today.

This is a mural painted on a full city block that captures real people in town (at the time of the painting many years ago).

491467307_Wgfe7-L.jpg

Here's another shot.

491465010_gPhT7-L.jpg

The local Chinese food joint.

491465106_XwBdN-L.jpg

Wow those first two are really cool, I like the murals a lot. I like the d.o.f of the last picture and thats an interesting angle too

Wow those first two are really cool, I like the murals a lot. I like the d.o.f of the last picture and thats an interesting angle too
Thanks, I'm glad you like them.

Here's a shot that shows a little more of the wall. I've always liked this mural, it adds a touch of flavor to our downtown.

491748200_JQGSw-L.jpg

wow i really love that wall! where abouts is that?

keep on shootin!
n.gif

I got out again today, my buddy wanted more shutter time with the 50D. I think he's going to buy one here soon. I look forward to it.

Here are some shots from today's outing. Tell me what ya think:

492140912_7hB2x-L.jpg

492140711_AeunU-L.jpg

492141875_wKYgb-L.jpg

4. (my favorite for some reason)
492141774_ZtD2r-L.jpg

All nice pictures. Very crisp and clean. I'm just trying to figure out the cross picture. The tree on the left seems to be leaning right and the pine on the right seems to be leaning left. Maybe I'm just being googly-eyed.

If I were forced to critique any, I'd say the the ap on the cross could have been a little smaller so the entire cross and base were in focus. But that's really splitting hairs.

All nice pictures. Very crisp and clean. I'm just trying to figure out the cross picture. The tree on the left seems to be leaning right and the pine on the right seems to be leaning left. Maybe I'm just being googly-eyed.

If I were forced to critique any, I'd say the the ap on the cross could have been a little smaller so the entire cross and base were in focus. But that's really splitting hairs.
The cross shot was taken with the 17-40 lens (at 17mm), which obviously is ultra-wide. You're not googly eyed, it's distorted. :) It was also shot at f/4 so the focus is pretty much at the center of the cross with the outer edges being out of focus. I was trying to be creative. :p

The cross shot was taken with the 17-40 lens (at 17mm), which obviously is ultra-wide. You're not googly eyed, it's distorted. :) It was also shot at f/4 so the focus is pretty much at the center of the cross with the outer edges being out of focus. I was trying to be creative. :p

That was going to be my next guess...:lol: As for the base, a very subjective criticism. What kind of polarizing filter are you using? I like the results.

That was going to be my next guess...:lol: As for the base, a very subjective criticism. What kind of polarizing filter are you using? I like the results.
I didn't use any filters, I just moved around until I got the sun in the right spot where it highlighted what I wanted highlighted and didn't blow out the sky.

Thinking back, I wish I had taken the same shot with a few different aperture settings. I don't mind the blur on the base but I do think it might look better if the whole cross were in focus but still blurred the background.

The cross shot is really intriguing and pulls you in. I feel the same way about the head shot, I can't tell what it is, but it is really strong (to me anyway).

you pictures made me think of a picture i took in the subway in soho
3359874131_c9471a395b_b.jpg

I really dig that wall! Wish I could find something like that around my area so I can bring models by and shoot them against that cool background. Nice find =D

Most reactions

Back