Some pics from photography class. :D

crricha13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I'm in high school, 12th grade and took a photography class, and had to do some shots of still life of setups our teacher gave us, the items in the picture we can move and subtract some, but has to have something that he put there. And we have to have a special item i guess you call it, for your pictures so he knows who's who's. So here are some of mine, and some are going in a powerpoint, so i thought why not ask the forum which they think would be better for powerpoint, or give me idea's for different setups. :D

DSCNzd0001.jpg

DSCN004101.jpg

DSCN00601.jpg

DSCN00041.jpg

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

DSC241N0001.jpg

DSC43N0001.jpg

DSC3N0001.jpg

DS3CN0001.jpg

And by the way, some may need editing but he said we could only do 1-3, less the better, he wants just straight from the camera, so that's what I'm showing you guys. Thanx CC WELCOME! :D

Should set your white balance better...especially for the candle one...
I also noticed that almost all of your pictures have the subject in the center. Centered subjects are boring.

#2,5,6 and 10 are the nicest of the bunch to me.
I wish I had taken photography when I was in high school.... :(
Looks like fun!
I would also suggest framing your photos differently; why don't you google the rule of thirds. That might help you make better composed pictures.
Good luck with your school work!

Some really nice ideas there. You don't say how long you've been taking pictures but keep going. Learning is cool.

As well as your white balance (although I actually like that green tint), perhaps Depth of field could do with some work. A few of the pictures have some focus issues.

I agree with AbelR74, you're framing is a bit "samey", I've edited a couple of you pics to illustrate the points made, hope you don't mind.

I've just played around with the levels and a bit of a crop

carbrick2copy.jpg

and this one has been cropped and a bit of burn to bring out some more detail in the wood.

carbrickcopy.jpg

Keep going though, that's why you're in a class.:sexywink:

I have only been shooting since in this class really, which is since eh i think late August, but its really fun, and something i might want to look into for a future, im learning fast on here saying thats that the teacher even doesnt know about, one thing i been reading and learnin about is HDR :D, he was like :confused: when i mentioned it. But thanx for comments, i'll get some more on Monday and post them.

Number 2 and 10, I like the best..

Number 2, I love the shadow and if the subject was the focal point in 10, it would be the best, imho...

Keep it up tho..

Thanx, I'll have more of my work up tonight maybe from a football game i went to. :) Editing them now, to the best of my ability. :confused:

What a great idea. This is the type of thing people need to think of when they come here and say they can't find anything to take a picture of. Makes your mind work. Good stuff. I really like number 11 myself.

Thanx, just starting this class this year, my senior year, and im loving photography. :D Tonight took 315 photos at a school football game, felt like alot to me. More to come ASAP!

bird.jpg

Took about eh 45mins to 1 hour to fix this in photoshop, i like it, CC please. :)

Bump :D. And I thought i fixed it but under his beak is a little piece that i seem to not be able to get to go away :'(.

2,6,10 are my favorites. Sounds like a interesting class, I am going to try to take a photo class when I am in 12th grade (1 year to go). But the one that my school offers is strictly film, so I will have a lot to learn and have a lot of fun.

And the mascot picture, seems like it would be good as the background of a poster for your football team or something. But for me when you post process a photo it should not be so obvious that you did so. But that is just what I believe (I try to keep my photos as real as possible) and that may not be what you were going for.

Most reactions

Back