Some pics I took while working in the great Southwest. Landscapes and Pronghorn

Skillet007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First attempt at landscape and some pronghorn. It was midday when I took the pronghorn and it wanted to overexpose. Still seems washed out to me after adjusting for exposure. Anyone have any ideas on how to have the color pop better when taking a pic in full-frontal, desert blasting sun?

Note on the landscape: I unfortunately wasn't allowed by my coworkers to get out of th vehicle to take this shot, so I had to get it out of the back of the vehicle. That is why there are black spots on the left side of the picture: smudges from the rear windshield. But I thought the pic was pretty anyways.

I know it's the same animal, in the same pose, but I was wondering how you would have cropped this photo and what you would have done differently. Thanks for the input!

Damn that first pic is perfect for a movie scene. :p

moviescenetpf.jpg

Hi skillet;

With regards to cropping animals...I've read that it's best to have space to the left and right of the animal as it shows movement. When you tighten the space up too much around the animal, it makes it look strange..like fake ...almost like someone took the pic at the zoo...yanno? So I'd include the mountains in the background ...bring the ground up...and lengthen the space to the left and right. Think that will showcase the "wild" the best.

Just my opinion. :) nice shots u took!

Damn that first pic is perfect for a movie scene. :p

moviescenetpf.jpg

Middle Earth

<<< Gondor ............................................................................................................... Mordor>>>

Hi skillet;

With regards to cropping animals...I've read that it's best to have space to the left and right of the animal as it shows movement. When you tighten the space up too much around the animal, it makes it look strange..like fake ...almost like someone took the pic at the zoo...yanno? So I'd include the mountains in the background ...bring the ground up...and lengthen the space to the left and right. Think that will showcase the "wild" the best.

Just my opinion. :) nice shots u took!

Thank you for you opinion! I means a great deal to me. I have several of photos of these guys and I have many where they are running or walking and there is more room from the crop. I was thinking about what you were saying and I think that your right. These pics almost look like the animals are mounted at a museum or something with a painted backdrop. I'll definitely keep this in mind next time I try to get some wildlife on film.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back