some pics/need advice

Paulsurf365

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
here are some pics i took...i just started out and any advice would be great!
paulsphotography003.jpg

skateboard
paulsphotography002.jpg

down the street from my house
sucides2.jpg

wave
paulsphotography001.jpg

flower

i just started out and any advice would be great!
Reading a bit about Rule of Thirds can be a good starting point. Here is a random link that I found online which covers the topic.

Welcome to TPF!

The first one is a cool idea, shows that you think creatively and don't stay with standing there holding your camera into the air. I am not too sure about the intensity of the light, but I like the translucent wheels and the texture of the surface of the road.

The sunset on the lake is a bit too cluttered by silhouetted trees. They may make a good addition to a photo, actually might give a good balance to a wide angle landscape photo, but there are just too many trees here that distract from the colourful sky.

The wave shows a flaw that many seascape pics show: your horizon is not all level and it looks as if your frame is going to leak on the right ;). You should watch that.
Do you have any postprocessing software?
For this photo could do well with some postprocessing, like upping the contrasts and, of course, straightening that horizon. As it is, the picture is a bit flat.

And for the flower pic the auto focus did not focus quite right, the centre of the blossom, which I feel should be in focus, is soft while focus lies a bit further to the left of the centre on the petals. All in all the photo thus looks out of focus, for I really had to search for the focus line here.

But you are on the right track, and you can learn a lot just be doing.

thanks for alll ther replies. i am using a canon EOS rebel 200/ EOS 300. Lafoto, i see exactly what your saying and next time i take some photos ill keep that in mind.

LaFoto said:
The wave shows a flaw that many seascape pics show: your horizon is not all level and it looks as if your frame is going to leak on the right ;). You should watch that.
Do you have any postprocessing software?
For this photo could do well with some postprocessing, like upping the contrasts and, of course, straightening that horizon. As it is, the picture is a bit flat.

Well, i scanned the pics after developing them so some might be crooked.:confused: what kind of program would i use for post processing?? like adobe photoshop? is there anything cheap or free i could use?

Most reactions

Back