some pics up some c&c

In the future you'd better number the pictures, it makes it easier to comment. I'm not an expert at flower photography but the pictures look a bit flat to me, #3 is not entirely in focus.

1......Light!! Your shot is underexposed. It is also very busy, the shot is just not very relaxing like I would want it to be. Flowers in a vase usually give you a peaceful or romantic feel. You also need to watch your cropping....you cut off the bottom of the vase...=)
Keep shooting!!!

flowers look nice.. just need a little post processing.. bump the saturation a little bit and adjust the levels to bring out more of the lights and less of the mid tones.

with just a little post processing these could look a lot better

like this
tpfhelpflower2.jpg

I can imagine that in the viewfinder, you had the whole subject in the frame in shots 1 and 3. Whether or not that's true, they'd be better with the whole vase and the whole flower in the shot. The top of the white flower is clipped as well as the bottom of the vase. I would recommend reading up on and messing around with different methods of photographic composition. These are all pretty much centered in the frame, which is boring unless it reinforces some other element like balance. The first shot looks a bit soft, like it's out of focus or blurry.

I agree with the others that the tilt in the last shot is unpleasant. Keep shooting and posting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back