Some polaroid questions

CDG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, this is my first post to this forum. I'm a die-hard film guy (obviously not professional), and I have a particular liking for old Polaroid cameras. I only have 1 2 step camera, which is an old Super Shooter that I dearly love. I've taken some nice photos with it too. I have been using type 667 film in it, which has produced good results outdoors with no flash cube.

So I would like to know, if anybody here also uses Polaroid, and if anybody has a source to get the film cheaper. I think the last I paid for type 667 was about 30 bucks for a two pack at a Ritz Camera where I used to live in PA. I now live in Arizona. Anyway, I'm just looking for experiences regarding Polaroids in general, and sources for black and white film.

Otherwise, I don't shoot Polaroid all the time because of the expense. When my old high school was paying for the developing fees, I was shooting Ilford Black and White through my Nikon N70, but lately I've just been buying Kodak. Some day I will get myeslf a small Ilford darkroom as it's cheap, and by far my favorite film format. I love black and white in gneral too.

I'm also looking for your opinions about what is the nicest polaroid you have used for serious photography.

I have shot an Izone, a Land Camera (SX-70), a Spectra, and a Super Shooter. My favorite of that group is the super shooter, followed by the Spectra, although the Spectra doesn't lend itself to creativity very easily.

Ahhh...another Polaroider added to the team. There are a few of us here on the forum. We usually hang out in the Alternative techniques section where we can talk about our strange addiction to the instant camera.

As for your question, I usually get all my Polaroid film from B&H photo because it tends to run a bit cheaper. Polaroid film is expensive no matter where you get it from so every penny counts.

Welcome to the forum and I can't wait to see some of your work.

Welcome, fellow Polaroid enthusiast! :D

Hobbes just covered the pertinent stuff. I use B&H too, they have a great selection of all things Polaroid. Come see what us SX-70 and image transfer freaks are doing over in the Alternative section here.

Nicest Polaroid I've used for serious photography is one I have not actually shot - it's my husband's. :blushing: An old (modified to take sheet film) 110A with a sweet Rodenstock lens. Nothing more modern than that, I'm afraid.

Welcome to TPF, hope to see you stick around and post some of your stuff!

Wow, an old 110A. I've only seen them in pictures! I wonder if anybody here has a 600SE. I hear they're quite desireable these days for polaroid photography, and quite valuable on ebay.

I posted in the alternative section about this, but is there a way to shoot 600 through an SX-70 camera? I have made the cassettes fit, but I can't seem to get the contrast to work.

Most reactions

Back