Some portraits I shot today

Deadeye008

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hamblinphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My cousin had me shoot some portraits of him, his wife and their son today after they went through a religious ceremony. Here are a couple of the shots after I processed them. Please let me know what you think cuz I'm still learning:mrgreen:
20070516_0111copy3web.jpg

20070516_0113copy2web.jpg

I really like the first one. It's very "perfect family" but it a good way :mrgreen: The look on the baby's face is so adorable. . .

Umm but I think the other one kinda look like they've been cut out of another photo and then inserted in a new. I don't know. Maybe it's because you edited the photo ..?

All in all you captured their face expressions very well :D

nice photos... but were those taken in Ogden Utah?

Pix are clear and well exposed but composition has some flaws.

1) The mom has a tree growing out of her head - you need to watch the backgrounds.

2) The most prominent part of a portrait image - the upper third line has a blank building exterior. The angel is pushing off the top and the couple is leaking off the bottom. I understand you want to get both them and the stature in the shot but you need to be further away and have them more prominent and the angel lower so that the composition is better.

I agree with point #2 from 'The Traveler'. Too much wasted space in that one.

Also, I'm not a fan of the frame you put on there...especially in the 2nd one where it cuts them off.

Other than that, I think they are good shots of a nice looking family, the first one especially.

In number one could you tell me what purpose the brown bar in the right side or the tree on the left serve. Im just curious why you didnt go with a verticle crops for the shot rather than horizontal and include their feet.

Even horizontal i could have cropped it tighter personally since it will most likely wind up in a frame. Something like this,,
4ktkumw.jpg

nice photos... but were those taken in Ogden Utah?
Yes, they were taken in Ogden, UT. Thanks for all the suggestions. It's funny the things you don't notice. I'll make some adjustments and post them hopefully today to see if it makes them better.

Ok I fixed them up a bit.
1. I removed the border, took the bush out of here head and crop it a little better.
2. There's not a whole lot I can do now about the angle or composition of the pic but I did take the bush on the lower right side of the picture out and removed the border.

Thanks for all the help. Let me know if these look better...

20070516_0111copy2web.jpg

20070516_0113bweb.jpg

Dare I say #1 looked better with the tree? Without the tree it looks like they were sitting on some bench behind wallmart.

untitled1in7.jpg
I would have just cropped it as it lay not cloned out the tree. I know it grew out of her head but it did make it more real. You could clone out the other one and the crack behind them and have them on a more or less studio type background. I know you can take a little time and do this better.

^^ Copy, print, and sell that to them!!

You had to say 'tossed.'
Couldn't you say 'artfully inserted' or 'gracefully slid'?
Wait 'artfully inserted', that sounds dirty.

Most reactions

Back