Some portraits,

DaveS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I'm new here so thought I'd introduce myself by asking for some comments/criticism of some portraits I did. I was lucky to be able to get access to a studio for a day and took these shots. Would be interesting to get some tips from the more experienced members of the forum.

IMG_1540bw.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1565bw.jpg

Great forum, glad I finally joined instead of lurking in the background!

Thanks in advance!

..Dave

I like the mood they give off and they were taken very well, lighting, composition, etc. I wish that she was looking at the camera in at least one of them though, preferably the second.

I am a fan of #2. I like the emotion you were able to capture.

Number 3 has a bad pose I feel like she is using the restroom.

All nice but I was really taken with the first one. I scan through tons of these posts and threads all @#)(@# day, but that picture really made me stop and look. Is she brooding? Thinking? Dunno. Something. It really hit me.

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate the feedback.

I hadn't noticed how that pose looked in #3 but now I have I don't really like it :lol:.

I do have some with the subject looking into the lens and I realised after I had posted them that I should have included atleast one of them too. Next step a Nikon D80 and convincing more subjects to shoot with me.

I want to try outdoor portraits since I don't have regular access to a studio. I imagine that the lighting will be more tricky though, I take it my reflector will be my best friend?

..Dave

Most reactions

Back