Vivarant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love this photo

a.jpg

b.jpg

Here's my bf sitting in reflection, or so i like to think.
I love the how he sits in solitude but really the background
is sparse and unattractive so i did some photo morphing

c.jpg

I think this first one turned out better. for one it has more balance and isn't so
top heavy as to distract from the subject like the last one also the water was easier to blend

d.jpg

e.jpg

Here is one of the images i used to blend

f.jpg

g.jpg

Last edited:
Haha wow... you have some skills. You did this with photoshop (the merging)? I consider myself decent with Photoshop but I don't think I could pull these off so well.

Indeed, I was thinking the very same that reznap is expressing: the morphing is quite nicely done. Wow. Cool. I couldn't do that!

Looks great!

In the 1st morphed image you can still make out that it is morphed since the direction of sunlight (and hence shadows) seem to be different on the bridge and on the rocks. But in the 2nd one it's very hard to make out - how did you manage it?

Looks great!

In the 1st morphed image you can still make out that it is morphed since the direction of sunlight (and hence shadows) seem to be different on the bridge and on the rocks. But in the 2nd one it's very hard to make out - how did you manage it?

I dont know, in the first morphed image the angle of the sun seems to be hitting both the branches and her bf at relatively the same angle, it looks pretty fitting to me.

Love the first image of the thread and its pp'd version, btw.

Thanks everyone I appreciate the comments

Yes thats true because in that photo i actually reversed the bridge image. I wasn't sure if the shadows were very noticeable and i liked the aesthetic of the bridge in the opposite direction so i was willing to risk it.

I do this type of thing all the time and i think the key is feathering and/or gradient masking and making sure the tones match.

I'm missing something here - I have no clue what's happening.

I see two images where one appears to be original and the second one post-processed.

Then I see an image with two bridges.

Can someone explain to me what's happening? And what was used to blend with what image? I'm lost.

I'm missing something here - I have no clue what's happening.

I see two images where one appears to be original and the second one post-processed.

Then I see an image with two bridges.

Can someone explain to me what's happening? And what was used to blend with what image? I'm lost.

Image 3 is "As Shot", Image 4 & 5 are edits of image 3. In image 4 the background was replaced with the photo image #7 and image 5 the background was replaced with a photo that is not shown here.

So basically the merging of two photos to create a new photo. This is done using blending techniques in photoshop or any graphic editing program

Oh sorry, when I wrote my last post I didn't see any image numbers and images 3,4,5,6 were completely missing. I just saw spaces between your explanations.

Very good blending job! Perspective is dead on! :thumbup:

Oh sorry, when I wrote my last post I didn't see any image numbers and images 3,4,5,6 were completely missing. I just saw spaces between your explanations.

Very good blending job! Perspective is dead on! :thumbup:

:lol: there weren't any numbers! i just added them. and thanks

Most reactions

Back